Chinese-Forums

2018 CSC Scholarships

Angelina
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

大家好

So I have been a tad bit busy completing all of the necessary processes required to finally come to 中国 for studies. 

So initially I had selected Fudan, BISU and Shandong Universities for studies on the CSC Application Portal. I am a Type A CGS/CSC Applicant. However I was placed at South West University in Chongqing, Sichuan Province with my Language School being at Central China Normal University in Wuhan, Hubei Province. 

It proves the point that once you are selected by the Local Chinese Embassy in your country then even if you do not get your school of choice, CSC is obliged to find a place for you. I am thankful of that. 

So, SWU emailed me (among other students) to register online. The registration process is pretty much like an application Process all over again. I had to upload all the relevant documents and fill out all the sections like I would have done on the CSC and other University Portals. I think this is to create a Student Profile for me online as they would have already been in receipt of my Documents from CSC As also for me to inform them of my travel/pickup details and dormitory selection. 

I have received a copy of my Admission Notice and JW201 Visa form from the Chinese Embassy in my country and have applied, using the JW201 form, for an X1 Student Visa. I will pick this up on Friday  (August 17, 2018). 

The embassy is now in the process of Purchasing the Tickets and getting other things ready for the departure of the Scholarship winners. 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

@prka It depends on your country/your embassy's requirements. For mine, I didn't have to present them as they were not required. Could be different for yours though. I still redid my physical examination because the last one was almost at the 6-month mark. I got my visa without any issues even without the physical examination certificate ☺️

@Abmens Hoping the best for you! If your documents do arrive, you would still have a little bit of time (although a tad bit rushed). Registration at the university starts this August 30 already (hence why I've been pacing back and forth with assuring that I have all my stuff together).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MSG9 said:

It depends on your country/your embassy's requirements. For mine, I didn't have to present them as they were not required. Could be different for yours though. I still redid my physical examination because the last one was almost at the 6-month mark. I got my visa without any issues even without the physical examination certificate

I just crossed the 6month mark few days ago. I read the requirements on visa office , the medical stuffs were not mentioned for x1 visa, hope it works out that way  ! :)

@MSG9 Did you receive your admission package as yet?  I am wondering if they will give an extension too  because though I am aware that I have received the scholarship to study at BNU  I am still awaiting the admission package as well as  information as to when I will be travelling.

@Abmens Hopefully they will understand.