Chinese-Forums

2018 CSC Scholarships

Angelina
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everybody, I've been reading a lot of your answers in the forums regarding the scholarships. I hope you can help me with my question. I wanna apply for the csc scholarship, I have the hsk4 level but I plan to study intensively during this year, in order to reach hsk5, though I'm afraid I won't be able to attach the hsk5 certificate to my application. My question is: do 北大 or 中传 offer these one year Chinese language, taking into account that I wanna apply for a master's in communication taught in Chinese? Or does the fact that I only have hsk4 automatically excludes me? As these universities  are so popular and high ranked, I'm afraid I won't get the full scholarship. Actually, Chinese is my only problem in this field, as I have great grades at uni, good recommendation letters and so on. Should I still try to apply for this master? Do you know if they don't provide students with pre-admission letters? Thank you in advance, and I hope I'll be able to post in the forum as a helper in the future :)

• New Members

Hello!

I have some questions about the CSC scholarship. I went through different website but I can't find my answers.

So, I'm now taking a gap year and I want to go to China to improve my language, I have found one university which I'm really interested in: Fudan University in Shanghai. My plan is to apply for the following spring semester (2019) and fall semester (2019). 

My questions are:

- Can I apply for the CSC scholarship even if I'm taking a non degree program, the Chinese language program?

- Can I apply for the CSC scholarship even after being at the university? I mean by that, for the first semester I understood that it's too late to get the scholarship but can I apply for the second semester knowing that I have studied already one semester in China?

Thank your for your answer! 

12 hours ago, Athéna-A said:

My plan is to apply for the following spring semester (2019) and fall semester (2019). 

Hi, CSC Scholarship is not available to start during spring. You have to apply at the beginning of the year and you can get it for the fall semester 2019-spring semester 2020

- Can I apply for the CSC scholarship even if I'm taking a non degree program, the Chinese language program?

Yes you can, CSC scholarship for chinese language is a one year scholarship

- Can I apply for the CSC scholarship even after being at the university? I mean by that, for the first semester I understood that it's too late to get the scholarship but can I apply for the second semester knowing that I have studied already one semester in China?

To be honest, I did not understand this question, maybe is because English is not my native language. Did you mean you have already studied at Fudan and now you wish to stay in China?  What I can tell you is, CSC scholarship only starts every spring semester during september. You can find all the info about it on campuschina.org

Hope I was helpful

Goodluck!

• Helpful 1

• New Members

Hi.

I am on csc scholarship (one year - chinese language).

Do you think it's possible to change university/city after one semester?

I'm studying at my first choice university, but think my second choice could be more suiting for me (i have even letter of approval from second choice uni).

But don't know is it even possible to change university after one semester and move to the other.

And if yes then what should I do?

On 10/23/2018 at 10:35 PM, Ishakak said:

Do you think it's possible to change university/city after one semester?

Hi, if you are a recipient of the CSC Scholarship it is not possible to change anything that is stipulated in your admission letter, this one being the one that was sent to you by the Chinese embassy or consulate, so the letter of approval for the other university you are interested now is not of much worth.

You can check this info here campuschina.org

in the VII  Placement & Scholarship Confirmation field

5.       Scholarship recipients shall not allowed to change their host university, field of study, or duration of study stipulated on the Admission Letter after their coming to China.

The only way I can think about if you really want to change your university would be to give up on your current scholarship and apply on your own at your own expenses to the other university next semester. To be honest, I do not recommend you to do this if you would like to apply for another Chinese scholarship in the future,  lets say, a Chinese scholarship for a masters degree or something like that, cause even if they are different scholarships to the one CSC offers, the Chinese system is too centered, so its possible your name would be tagged as someone you gave up on the scholarship. Legends say (just kidding, but a lot of people think, and I agree) that if you give up on a Chinese scholarship the will never grant you one again. It does make sense thought. 

Haha I just read what I wrote, it sounds drastic but as far as I know its the way it is.

Whatever decision you take I wish you goodluck!!

• New Members

Hi!

I want to apply for the CSC Scholarship for a master program. I was wondering If I got a few years ago a Confucius Scholarship to study in China the Chinese language, is there any problem to get the CSC Scholarship?

Thanks for your time, I really appreciate. 

Best, 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

... Please we are filling CSC online form. 

The program we are applying for is Environmental Science which is under School of Environmental Science and Engineering.

But on CSC portal under The "discipline applying for section"

When u select "Engineering" you will see Environmental Science  and when you select "Natural Science"too you see Environmental Science so  am confused as to the Discipline to select

4 hours ago, Abmens said:

When u select "Engineering" you will see Environmental Science  and when you select "Natural Science"too you see Environmental Science so  am confused as to the Discipline to select

Maybe check on what school is the program taught at your target university? (if the program is in an engineering school or natural sciences school in the university you want to apply)

Good luck!

• Helpful 1

Thanks everyone for contributing, informing and supporting each other! I am closing this topic now. For the new round of applications, please see our new(ish) topic for the 2019 scholarships. Old applicants are very welcome to share their tips with new applicants. For any non-scholarship questions, please join us at the rest of the forums, where we have advice on learning Chinese, finding a place to stay and living in China in general.