Chinese-Forums

2018 CSC Scholarships

Angelina
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

I don't know what the grading system is in China, but in my university, 1.0 is the highest.

My university says they can convert my current overall grade if it's needed, but not the grades per semester. Will this be enough to submit for the transcripts?

Thank you in advance!

• Good question! 1

Hello everybody and huge thanks for this thread, it’s been extremely helpful for me so far! I am also trying to apply for the EU-Window Scholarship for the 1-2 years general scholarship, learning the Chinese Language, but because my situation is somehow a little bit more special, I would really need some assistance regarding some questions that I have got during the preparation of my documents and I would highly appreciate anyone’s help here. I know it will look like a lot of text, but I really wanted to make sure about everything due to my situation.

At this point, I am a university student in the second year, my major being Chinese and English Language(I’m Romanian, so not a native speaker). Here are my questions and worries so far that I have been dealing with:

This March I will go to Shenyang Jianzhu University as an exchange student, winning a scholarship from my University, not from CSC, and I will study there until around 21st July. Considering that I need to send my papers to the European Council, is there a problem if I send all the documents from China, but as the home address(so that they can send me the admission documents) I will put my home country address? I was thinking to send the documents by fast delivery, and hopefully, that won’t be an issue.

When making the online application, what should I write for the “Highest Education”? Should I write my high school or my university period(I will graduate in 2019)? I also have the “Other Education” part to complete, in which I did put the high school diploma, but I really have no idea how to complete them, whether I should put university, even though it’s not finished, or just my high school.

image.thumb.png.fadb03b704163de07d3106d7d396131a.png

Regarding the program duration dates, which dates am I supposed to write? I know I will want to start my program in September, but in the application, it’s asking for the beginning and finishing dates, with the exact days. Is there a way to find out the exact dates from somewhere? Or am I just supposed to approximatively write the arrival and the finishing date? For example: Starting date – 15th September 2018, Finishing date – 15th July 2019(considering I learn only one year).

image.thumb.png.56de92da1a27132e330e3f0917fc5035.png  

Does anybody know whether they will also cover the airplane tickets? Or this is something I really need to take care of myself?

I read on the application guide from the EU Council that I need to arrange the documents in a certain order and bound them in the left corner. That is understood, but in this situation, having to add both the notarized copy and the original copy, should I stick the papers together with some clippers or something like that? Or I should just put them one by one, and that will not be problematic at all? What about if I have more papers to attach to the medical form? Same situation?

They said that is optional to have an HSK Exam paper and English proficiency certificate. I do have HSK Level 3 already taken, which is good, but as for the English one, I do not have an international exam, but I DO have a certificate that I got from high school, saying that I have received level B2 language level. Is it possible to make a notarized translation photocopy and use it as a substitute for the English certificate? If yes, should I send a photocopy of the notarized translation, along with a photocopy of the original? Also, considering my BA major is also Advanced English, will that maybe also count as a substitute?

Regarding the photocopies of the documents, I got some questions about some of them.

Transcript of Records: it says that I need a notarized translation, but it DOESN’T specify whether I should send the ORIGINAL Transcript of Records or a photocopy of it?? Also, the same question about the notarized translation of this transcript. Should I keep the original and send a photocopy? Or should I send just the original?

The empty envelope with my reliable address – pardon for my big lack of attention, but does the empty envelope mean that I need to put my address on the envelope inside which I will place all the documents? Or is it about something like a “postcard” that I should attach alongside with the other documents. That is why I also asked about my situation of being in China when applying, considering that I post from China, but I will put the “Sender” address as my home country one.

I hope I didn’t exaggerate that much and I also didn’t ask too silly questions, I tried as much as I could to inform myself before looking here, but I didn’t find some similar solutions for my situation so far. Hopefully, someone can guide me and explain me better about these worries that I have. Thank you so much for reading and I wish everyone the best for the application!

6 hours ago, vonnnnnn said:

not the agency number

i asked about the program code for fudan university 

Program Code/Agency Number, same thing. The agency number for Fudan is on that list I sent you. Please take a look at it. 

40 minutes ago, 拉都学生 said:

This March I will go to Shenyang Jianzhu University as an exchange student, winning a scholarship from my University, not from CSC, and I will study there until around 21st July. Considering that I need to send my papers to the European Council, is there a problem if I send all the documents from China, but as the home address(so that they can send me the admission documents) I will put my home country address? I was thinking to send the documents by fast delivery, and hopefully, that won’t be an issue.

Hey! I had a friend who had a similar situation as you. I recommend you have someone send it from your home country or prepare it now and send it in before you leave. It looks strange if you're sending it from China for technically you have to apply from your home country. 

@Nnedi Ugo Oh, so that may become problematic after all. Well, I guess I will try to finish it before I leave my country(even though doing medical tests would have been easier in China) and make sure everything is all right. Thank you so much for telling me this! What about your friend? This kind of situation didn't allow him to get the scholarship?

59 minutes ago, 拉都学生 said:

When making the online application, what should I write for the “Highest Education”? Should I write my high school or my university period(I will graduate in 2019)? I also have the “Other Education” part to complete, in which I did put the high school diploma, but I really have no idea how to complete them, whether I should put university, even though it’s not finished, or just my high school.

@拉都学生douPlace your High School for you finished that degree and you'll be sending in those documents (both diploma and transcript to them). You can also list your university if you want for under the other education certificate list, but its not required since you technically haven't finished your degree there. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, 拉都学生 said:

Regarding the program duration dates, which dates am I supposed to write? I know I will want to start my program in September, but in the application, it’s asking for the beginning and finishing dates, with the exact days. Is there a way to find out the exact dates from somewhere? Or am I just supposed to approximatively write the arrival and the finishing date? For example: Starting date – 15th September 2018, Finishing date – 15th July 2019(considering I learn only one year).

Its the dates of the schooling, I would just put Sept 1st as the start and finish date somewhere in July like the first week of July for that's when my program ended and I am pretty sure majority of the Chinese programs end around the same date/time. 

49 minutes ago, 拉都学生 said:

Does anybody know whether they will also cover the airplane tickets? Or this is something I really need to take care of myself?

They don't unfortunately. Sorry :(

50 minutes ago, 拉都学生 said:

I read on the application guide from the EU Council that I need to arrange the documents in a certain order and bound them in the left corner. That is understood, but in this situation, having to add both the notarized copy and the original copy, should I stick the papers together with some clippers or something like that? Or I should just put them one by one, and that will not be problematic at all? What about if I have more papers to attach to the medical form? Same situation?

I used a paperclip to bind mine or you can staple it. I don't think it should matter. Just make sure it's in the order they asked for. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, 拉都学生 said:

They said that is optional to have an HSK Exam paper and English proficiency certificate. I do have HSK Level 3 already taken, which is good, but as for the English one, I do not have an international exam, but I DO have a certificate that I got from high school, saying that I have received level B2 language level. Is it possible to make a notarized translation photocopy and use it as a substitute for the English certificate? If yes, should I send a photocopy of the notarized translation, along with a photocopy of the original? Also, considering my BA major is also Advanced English, will that maybe also count as a substitute?

If you're just applying for the language program, an international Exam isn't required. That's only for people who are doing degree programs. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, 拉都学生 said:

Regarding the photocopies of the documents, I got some questions about some of them.

Transcript of Records: it says that I need a notarized translation, but it DOESN’T specify whether I should send the ORIGINAL Transcript of Records or a photocopy of it?? Also, the same question about the notarized translation of this transcript. Should I keep the original and send a photocopy? Or should I send just the original?

The empty envelope with my reliable address – pardon for my big lack of attention, but does the empty envelope mean that I need to put my address on the envelope inside which I will place all the documents? Or is it about something like a “postcard” that I should attach alongside with the other documents. That is why I also asked about my situation of being in China when applying, considering that I post from China, but I will put the “Sender” address as my home country one.

Sending a copy is fine. They don't need an original copy of it. 

As for the "The empty envelope with the reliable address" probably just needs in your application you're sending, put in a blank standard size envelope with your address on it. 

Do you plan on staying in China after your studies in Shenyang? You need to be home to receive the package they will send to your home address. In that package is the visa you'll receive when you go to China. Keep that in mind. 

13 minutes ago, 拉都学生 said:

@Nnedi Ugo Oh, so that may become problematic after all. Well, I guess I will try to finish it before I leave my country(even though doing medical tests would have been easier in China) and make sure everything is all right. Thank you so much for telling me this! What about your friend? This kind of situation didn't allow him to get the scholarship?

she got the scholarship. She just sent everything from home. Her embassy in Canada told her that her documents had to be sent from there. So she had someone do it for her on her behalf for she was still in China when the application opened. And she flew back to Canada in July to pick up her application materials they sent. 

• Thanks 1

Huge thanks for your quick answers, I feel like you have lifted a huge rock out of my heart haha! I also watched your video that you have been recommending to someone, great information to check out, thank you so much! As for me, I will be coming back from Shenyang exactly on 21st July(almost the date they should announce the winners), so that shouldn't be an issue, I guess. It's just about the medical papers that are harder to do in my country, rather than China, so that's why I was looking for this possibility. Also thank you a lot for the envelope thing, so as far as I understood, I would just have to put the documents in that kind of thing and write my address outside, right? Once again, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your answers! Hopefully things will go well about and the efforts will be worth it :)!

9 hours ago, 拉都学生 said:

Also thank you a lot for the envelope thing, so as far as I understood, I would just have to put the documents in that kind of thing and write my address outside, right?

Right! That should be fine! And no problem! Glad the video helped. I am here if you need anything else.

• Like 3

• New Members
14 hours ago, Nnedi Ugo said:

Program Code/Agency Number, same thing. The agency number for Fudan is on that list I sent you. Please take a look at it. 

i dont think its the same thing

because to apply to fudan, need to register on fudan website, (this year fudan doesn't ask to register to csc laihua website)

here's the link of their website that ask for the program code :

http://admission.iso.fudan.edu.cn

i think the program code is for the major that we want to apply

maybe someone can help me to about this program code?

fudan.png

Hi All!

The OP's post is very encouraging.

I am a complete newbie both to this forum and to applying for studying in China. After sifting through so many sites and trying to decode information in Chinese (with almost 0 knowledge of Chinese) I thankfully stumbled upon this forum while looking for reviews on CUCAS.
It is very helpful to go through the information provided by those who have been through the process of application.

I am looking to apply for Bachelor's in Computer Science/Software Engineering in English medium with Chinese Government Scholarship. 

On 1/31/2018 at 3:01 PM, Angelina said:

and you should check the quality yourself before applying. Each individual program taught in English is a story of its own, you have to check them one-by-one. 

What are the ways one can do this?
Also is there a common website that lists the programs taught in English or one has to get in touch with the university?

14 hours ago, Encour said:

What are the ways one can do this?
Also is there a common website that lists the programs taught in English or one has to get in touch with the university?

I would start on the CSC website here. Narrow down what you're looking for with their search tool and visit each website to see if they have what you're looking for. Then visit the Universities forum here and ask people on their experiences and/or thoughts on the program you want to pursue. I hope this helps. A lot of work but I am not sure of where else you could find a comprehensive list. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/13/2018 at 2:59 AM, china2k18 said:

How did you go about sorting that? Did you ask the US Embassy first or the Chinese Embassy in Vietnam? Do the results have to be in English?

I asked the US embassy. I didn’t ask but I’m sure the results have to either be in English or Chinese, since that is specified with all the other documents.

:lol:

• New Members

Hey guys, hope anyone can give me suggestions.. I’m planning to apply the CSC scholarship from Chinese Embassy in my country, based on my experience from last year, the application should be open from early February to March. But until now there is no announcement about this on the embassy website.. I know the embassy code to use in the application, so I am wondering if I should start applying from CSC website now or should I wait for the announcement on the embassy website? 

Thank you!

• New Members

Hi all! I'm planning to apply for a Chinese Government Scholarship to study a Master of International Public Policy at Fudan University. Does anyone have information or advice about this program or the process of applying through Fudan University? From what I've read I believe I have to apply directly to Fudan University first? Also if my application for this degree is rejected will I be given an offer to study a similar degree elsewhere or will I just be rejected for the scholarship overall? And can I apply for multiple programs at the same time/how many times can you apply for the CGC scholarship? Thank you and sorry for all the questions!

@Nnedi Ugo

Hey

I just watched your Youtube video on the CSC and I have to thank you, finally found some good info but I still have a problem. I'll be finishing high school soon but I will need to apply before I get my diploma. So, I have to get the document from my school that says that I will be graduating at a certain time, correct?

Also, what's the difference between Bachelors Degree and a General Scholar? Which one should I go for?

Thanks in advance! <3

8 hours ago, bambina1995 said:

should start applying from CSC website now or should I wait for the announcement on the embassy website? 

CGS FAQ >

2. What programs can I apply for? When and where can I apply?

The application opens between early January and early April. You should apply and send the required documents to the application receiving agencies before the deadline....

Confirm with the agency in your home country when exactly will they stop accepting applications for the scholarship.