Chinese-Forums

2018 CSC Scholarships

Angelina
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

4 hours ago, Anarhi said:

what's the difference between Bachelors Degree and a General Scholar

From the requirements given on the Embassy website in Pakistan I am assuming those applying for general scholar have already been through a bachelor's program

- be a high school graduate under the age of 25 when applying for undergraduate programs;

- be under the age of 45 and have completed at least two years of undergraduate study when

applying for general scholar programs;

6 hours ago, Anarhi said:

Hey

I just watched your Youtube video on the CSC and I have to thank you, finally found some good info but I still have a problem. I'll be finishing high school soon but I will need to apply before I get my diploma. So, I have to get the document from my school that says that I will be graduating at a certain time, correct?

Also, what's the difference between Bachelors Degree and a General Scholar? Which one should I go for?

Thanks in advance! <3

I got this from an email the lady sent me from the embassy: 

1.     What if I have no high school diploma? What if I will get my bachelor/master degrees in the coming June or July, 2018?

For language students, a high school diploma is the lowest threshold. If you are to get you diploma (e.g.: high school, bachelor, master) in the coming June or July, 2018, please enclose a certificate/letter from your school (with stamps of the school or signature of director/president/dean), together with the academic transcript which can prove you will graduate soon.

As for your other question, Bachelor's is the 4 year degree program in a field to your liking and General Scholar is for those who just want to study Mandarin. Which one are you planning to pursue?

Hi, everyone!

I have received the CSC scholarship in 2017, but unfortunately, I was not able to attend due to some personal issues, and I informed the admission office of my selected university.

This year I applied again but would like to know what are the chances that my application for the CSC scholarship for this year will be denied because I didn't enrol last time at the selected university.

Are there any regulations which state that a student who did not attend is not allowed to reapply for the CSC scholarship?

Thank you

Hello guys,

Has anyone completed the Physical Examination Form yet?  The only thing missing on mine is the ECC portion. My family doctor informed me that he will not be giving me a referral to get this since it requires a referral to a cardiologist and is necessary only for someone over 50 years old. How specific or what did your doctor write on the ECC? Or did you leave it blank? 

TIA! 

@Nnedi Ugo @MrDuque Okay, Thank you guys :)

By the way, I was wondering do I have to attach notarized scan copies of my documents into an online application (or just plain simple scan copy) or notarized copies are just physical and send it along with other documents to the host university?

• New Members

Hello everyone, I have applied for CSC since last year  (2017) April, the application status  currently is 'in progress' . I tried to contact them  but no response from them. Equally, I didn't hear from my chosen university (SDU). Please advice me.

Hello guys, thanks for this forum.

I am applying for masters at NUAA with an acceptance letter, this year NUAA has changed the admission procedures. I have to pay an application fee before my online application is check by the university. But when I filled out the online application, it said if my application is approved then in that case I have to pay the application fee. I filled out the application before the winter break in China. Still don't know what to do next. 

Any one applying for NUAA? Please help 

16 hours ago, Ampicillin said:

By the way, I was wondering do I have to attach notarized scan copies of my documents into an online application (or just plain simple scan copy) or notarized copies are just physical and send it along with other documents to the host university?

I am assuming you attach everything in one pdf and upload it. They will be using it as a reference so I think it would be best to attach it all

• New Members

Hi everyone, 

I've scanned through most of the questions but not quite found my answer, but please direct me if I've missed it! 

I want to apply for one year's non-degree language study using the EU window programme, but the CSC website says to apply to the EU office for the CGS opportunity before applying to CSC. The EU office website doesn't mention this first step and says to just apply to CSC and then send all the documents to them. 

Does anyone know of the necessary steps? I applied last year and was unsuccessful but I don't know if I just missed part of the application. 

Thanks in advance - excellent forum too ! 

should complete the application on CSC site and print it off, 

then bring two copies of all documents to the university you are applying to or the embassy. 

Best to first get in contact with the embassy and the university, 

admissions staff can be slow and bad at answering questions but it can be a good idea to contact the department head and get to know some staff in the department, 

there should be one or two staff happy to help you out, 

If they know you are going to apply then usually the application goes smoother

• Helpful 1

• New Members

25 minutes ago, Amiee said:

I don't know why the validation code doesn't appear.

Hey, I had this problem and honestly I just had to keep reloading the page and a little while later it worked. I know that's really not what you want to hear, but leave it up in the background or something and come back to it every half an hour or so. It does work I think.

• Helpful 1