Chinese-Forums

Jiaozi Mountain 轎子山 

HuayangAcademy

Jiaozi Mountain is a mountain peak around 2-3 hours drive north of Kunming. The impressive location is the closest snow mountain to Kunming. 

We travelled there yesterday with some teachers and students to check out the beautiful landscape. 

We found a little snow and ice and a great hike well worth doing for anyone living in Kunming. 

The rugged and wild landscape is great to see and you are not always stuck in a stream of tourists on a stairs as with many mountains in China. 

We are happy to take our students on a break from learning Chinese in Kunming

The area is home to some wildlife and even in winter we saw numerous birds and sheep on the mountain. 

At a height of 4200+ meters it is advisable to prepare for the hike and bring the right clothes and food. 

If you are sensitive to altitude you can buy bottle oxygen there too

further info : https://medium.com/@huayangacademy2015/hiking-near-kunming-b65ae72a600b

imageproxy.php?img=&key=e74cb0a3ecc063bbimageproxy.php?img=&key=e74cb0a3ecc063bb

IMG_1581.jpg

IMG_1532.jpg

IMG_1524.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, HuayangAcademy said:

At a height of 4200+ meters it is advisable to prepare for the hike and bring the right clothes and food. 

That's pretty high. I'm surprised to learn that. Over twice the elevation of Kunming. 

Thanks for the photos. Looks very striking! (I haven't been there.) 

• Like 1

Yes its very high, If we make another trip I'll let you know if you want to come along. 

Seriously beautiful place. Some of the teachers had dual camera phones which I think make beautiful pictures. 

Have a look

One is the second highest point on Jiaozi I think 4,160 looking at the highest point

Another is a lake on the mountain at around 3,250m I believe

It's great to share the great spots around Kunming!! 

0C4E48DD-38E1-4A72-A365-088A2D4A025F-203-00000014FCAE01BB_tmp.jpg

D87B8711-FB7D-478E-8872-4056D10EF6FE-203-00000014E9C6AA76_tmp.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HuayangAcademy said:

If we make another trip I'll let you know if you want to come along. 

Yes, please. 

Beautiful photos. Dual-camera phones? Not sure I've seen those. What company makes them? 

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Karakoum, 

It is a great spot to visit!

I might recommend speaking with the owner of Salvadores ( Colin ) 

or possibly visiting the climbing gym Now Climbing on Jianshe lu, 

Next door to the climbing gym there is a cafe and the owner Cat is also an outdoor enthusiast. 

Let me know if you find any hiking groups, 

The only ones I know are Chinese groups with big crowds and not very difficult hikes. 

Would be good to get a weekend hiking group to tackle some of the more isolated and less trafficked sites around Kunming

• Thanks 1
  • Helpful 1