Chinese-Forums

teaching spanish in china?

crcr2003

hi!

i m doing a master at the university of tokyo, but i intend to move to china to do my ph.d there if i can find a job teaching spanish. i m getting tired of tokyo.

i can also teach english, french, italian and japanese. but of course i prefer to teach spanish like i do part-time here in tokyo in a foreign language institute.

do u guys know language institute website offering spanish teachers positions in china?

another question, would chinese companies value my degree in the university of tokyo?or they prefer and focus on those graduated in beijing or tsinghua university? i heard the university of tokyo is better ranked than those two main chinese universities but i suppose because the sino-japanese relations, companies in china wouldnt value much my education in this famous japanese university, even when i m from Spain.

thanks! any feedback on spanish positions would be highly appreciated!!

Luckily China's population is big and you can find use of your skills. I searched out of curiosity teaching opportunities in China and saw quite a lot of jobs for English but also found for many other European languages - Russian, French, German, Spanish, etc.

There are agencies which find teaching positions for other (non-English) language teaching positions. I know that that one we used, placed non-English native speaker. If you want the contact details of them, send me an email on phbriggs2000@yahoo.com.au.

In relation to universities, don't really kow but would assume that the Tokyo University degree would be looked at more favourably in western countries than a Chinese degree.

• 2 months later...

hola como estas!!

yo tambien ando buscando ensenar espanol en china. kiero visitarla y creo esa es la froma como pdodria pagar mi estancia, gastos etc.

hi, i am looking to work in china, teaching spanish or anything that let me pay my bills for that travel.

i think spanish should be the best option, because i think i should be decently paid, and is something i can do well.

please contact me!! my email is correo15@hotmail.com

echame un emailazo

bye

• 2 months later...

I'm living in Xiamen, China, working as IT manager in a USA based company but I got tired, too much stress, so I want a break and enjoy more of this wonderful country. One option in mind is teaching Spanish.

I also can speak English and Chinese. If you are know about some oportunities for me I would appreciate any information. You can contact me at nestorsulu@gmail.com.

Gracias, Thank you, 谢谢.

• 7 months later...

Hi, My name is Fernando Sanchez, I'm a 28 year old Peruvian, right now I'm living in Yantai, Shandong Province, China, I'm studying Chinese Wushu in a Martial Arts school; I'm planning on getting a job as a Spanish teacher here in China as soon as I finish my Wushu training, if anybody knows of a school or a Language Instittute here in Yantai or in any other city that needs Spanish teachers, would you please let me know, my e-mail address is: kungfutao@yahoo.com, thank you very much. :D

• 3 years later...

sorry I am a Chinese.I don't know Spanish.but i want to learn.and many Chinese want to learn Spanish ,so it's easy for you to find a job as teaching Spanish.I can help you ,but I live in Harbin, not Beijing.

你好,我的名字是oswaldo和正在研究在中国,特别是在吉林、我是委内瑞拉,我想买一个暑期工作的西班牙语教授主要但不排除其他的选择,我也说英语和汉语。

我刚看见了这个论坛,建议你给别人,还以为你能帮我一点,因为我形势是相似的。

谢谢你。My mail is jimenez_611@hotmail.com

Hello, my name is oswaldo and Iam currently studying in China, specifically in Jilin, I'm Venezuelan and I want to get a summer job as a professor of Spanish primarily but not rule out other options, I also speak English and Chinese.

I just got this forum saw the suggestions you gave to someone else and thought maybe you could help me a bit, since my situation is similar.

Thank you.

Hola, mi nombre es oswaldo y actualmente estoy estudiando en China, especificamente en Jilin, soy Venezolano y me gustaria conseguir un trabajo de verano principalmente como profesor de Español aunque no descarto otras opciones, tambien hablo Ingles y Chino.

Acabo de conseguir este forum vi las sugerencias que le diste a otra persona y pense que quizas podias ayudarme un poco, ya que mi sitiacion es similar.

Gracias.

• 4 weeks later...

hello all,

If you have a master degree and is a native Spanish speaker, and want to teach Spanish in college in Guangdong province, contact me. Our college offer Spanish courses, and I think they are still hiring Spanish teachers.

here is their job description:

To teach three Spanish courses as GE elective in UIC; three hours teaching for one course per week, which makes totally nine teaching hours for three courses; office hours required.

Job Requirement

-Spanish native speaker; teaching experience is needed; master degree is required; good team spirit.

Good luck!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • New Members

Hello Eddie

I hope you're well. I'm a colombian man living in the Uk. I have good qualifications in teaching Spanish and plenty of international

experience. I'm focusing in getting a job in an Institute of languages or in Primary and Secondary chinesse schools, but it seems i need someone

there(China)who can contact me with private institutes and schools. My previous attemps through agencies have proved useless i don't know why?

Could you please, if involved in the teaching field, provide me some addresses or names so that i can contact them.

i'd be very grateful with that.

Muchas gracias

Hugo