Chinese-Forums

Hi can someone help me with wechat here?

m3atball

It wants you to verify who are you. I assume this means they don’t have your real name, passport number or anything. You’d need this to set up wechat pay too. 

If this is the case, why not just delete the app and forget about it?

Why is this in a tattoo section? Surely technology ...

Wechat is sending him around in circles, because the other page shows his identity has already been verified on Wechat Pay.

On a different issue, I've also been sent around in circles by Wechat. It's a buggy app, and near-impossible to contact anyone to clear the confusion.

What's frightening is all the money now flowing through Wechat. It's one thing for a simple messaging app to have problems, but when you're dealing with money, lots and lots of real money, other people's money, you need to be near-perfect. That's not Wechat.

Have you tried reading the FAQs at the bottom of the page?

There does seem to be some "issues" with this, a quick search brought me to this https://help.wechat.com/cgi-bin/micromsg-bin/oshelpcenter?opcode=2&lang=en&plat=android&id=170522zayUbY170522MziMj2&Channel=helpcenter

Except at this particular stage he's not trying to cancel his WeChat account, he's trying to cancel his WeChat Pay account. As No. 6 on the FAQ says, you can't cancel your WeChat account until you've first cancelled your WeChat Pay account. But he can't do that because he gets that error message.

WeChat will drive you mad.

• New Members
3 hours ago, ChTTay said:

It wants you to verify who are you. I assume this means they don’t have your real name, passport number or anything. You’d need this to set up wechat pay too. 

If this is the case, why not just delete the app and forget about it?

Why is this in a tattoo section? Surely technology ...

Hi I just joined the forum a Google search about wechat led me here didn't know how to find it sorry . 

Buy it says I've verified my real name and now when I'm trying to open the name verification page a blank white screen appears nothing else.

• New Members
2 hours ago, 889 said:

Wechat is sending him around in circles, because the other page shows his identity has already been verified on Wechat Pay.

On a different issue, I've also been sent around in circles by Wechat. It's a buggy app, and near-impossible to contact anyone to clear the confusion.

What's frightening is all the money now flowing through Wechat. It's one thing for a simple messaging app to have problems, but when you're dealing with money, lots and lots of real money, other people's money, you need to be near-perfect. That's not Wechat

I got this now I used to think wechat was perfect but their service for international customers is way worse than any other lame MNC I've ever faced.

• New Members
2 hours ago, Shelley said:

Have you tried reading the FAQs at the bottom of the page?

I've been to this page and because of wechat pay I can't delete my account those help pages aren't useful at all. A customer care would've helped but they never reply any query.

Again, if you’ve wiped the personal info from wechat then just delete the APP and forget about it. 

If it won’t let you delete some stuff without a replacement (e.g email) just use a temporary email service like 10minutemail.

But he's got WeChat Pay activated and verified, which means he's got his bank account linked to it. And he can't de-activate WeChat Pay.

Myself, I'd be uncomfortable just abandoning an active WeChat Pay account still linked to my bank account.

(Besides, there are some good reasons to kill an existing WeChat account, especially if you want to link a new bank account.)

As I understand WeChat Pay, if your name on that first bank account was SMITH JOHN, then even after you delete that bank account, you can only add a new account in the name SMITH JOHN. If your new account is in the name Smith John, you can't just add it, you need to start fresh with a new WeChat account.

This is why, as I said, there may be good reasons for starting afresh.

Of course here, we don't really know why the OP wants to delete the account. But that's his business, and that he can't simply do it speaks volumes about WeChat.

(As an aside, UnionPay is now introducing an app called QuickPass to compete with Alipay and WeChat. Hopefully it'll be more foreigner-friendly than the other two.)

But the OP wants to get rid of the wechat account. It doesn’t matter if they want to add a new bank account to it because they don’t want to. 

He just deletes the card and the data is gone.

If they ever go back to wechat they just make a new account. 

Boom!

Me, I'm going to assume the OP has his own good reasons for wanting to actually delete the account, rather than just abandon it.

In any event, if he deletes the bank account but leaves the WeChat account in existence, he can't "just make a new account" later unless he gets a new SIM card, since Mainland WeChat accounts are now locked to a phone number.