Chinese-Forums

English Contract

MUSA90

• 2 months later...

Teaching English to children is a billion dollar business and it is not ethical at all! I have watched other foreign teachers tell lies about their coworkers for more classes or less classes. My former employer was a heartless,greedy horrible person! She used to refill the big water bottles with tap water and then put it back in the cooler and the rest of us drank it! That is just one example, google the topic and you will read horror stories to include a young woman who died in her sleep of carbon monoxide poisoning in her crappy school supplied apartment!

That’s quite an experience. Nothing like the one I’ve had though so it seems like I’ve been lucky or you’ve been really unlucky. Perhaps both.

As for internet stories , people only tend to be motivated to write about bad experiences online. Most people who’ve had an amazing time just get on with life. They tend not to join forums and review boards and write long, glittering reviews. I wish more of these people did though! That’s why, when doing this kind of search on the internet, it’s best to take it with a pinch of salt. Of my 3 Chinese employers, two have horrible reviews online. I’ve had a great time with all of them. 

• Like 1