Chinese-Forums

Basic Anki deck most similar to Pleco's for HSK6

n1r2m3

• New Members

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for an Anki deck that is most similar to Pleco's flashcards for HSK6. Basically ~5000 words in Chinese characters on one side of the flashcard and then the English translation on the other. I have a great deck already but it has too many functions that I'm not interested in at the moment (I don't want it the other way around as in English meaning 1st and Chinese character 2nd etc.).

I'm only interested in simplified characters but don't mind having the traditional one in brackets as well.

Hopefully I posted this in the right subforum. If not, please move it and let me know.

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/01/2018 at 11:06 PM, n1r2m3 said:

I'm looking for an Anki deck

You can try our HSK shared deck.  There are four card types but you can just remove the three you don't need. Adjust the CSS to control tone coloring, simplified and/or traditional etc. It works best on Android because then you get more functionality within the card - e.g. click on Hanzi to jump to word in Hanping, play audio, quick links to external sites etc.

• Thanks 1

• New Members

Thanks markcarter. I've tried editing the cards and have successfully changed the color and I've also deleted the types I don't need.

One quick question, as I don't know what I'm missing: why are some characters thicker than others? The font is the same but with some characters the lines are at least twice the thickness of others. It's as if some are bold and others aren't. I don't remember changing anything, at least not on purpose.

20 hours ago, n1r2m3 said:

One quick question, as I don't know what I'm missing: why are some characters thicker than others? The font is the same but with some characters the lines are at least twice the thickness of others. It's as if some are bold and others aren't. I don't remember changing anything, at least not on purpose.

Strange, I haven't heard of this before. Presumably you are talking about Chinese characters?  I would suggest trying a different font and see if that makes a difference. Here is how it should look on AnkiDroid by default (i.e. without any font specified):

ankidroid.png