Chinese-forums.com
Learn Chinese in China

• Why you should look around

Since 2003, Chinese-forums.com has been helping people learn Chinese faster and get to China sooner. Our members can recommend beginner textbooks, help you out with obscure classical vocabulary, and tell you where to get the best street food in Xi'an. And we're friendly about it too. 

Have a look at what's going on, or search for something specific. We hope you'll join us. 
NaytanDova

A Chinese printing block

NaytanDova

Sorry that the characters will be in reverse. I think it is a printing block. Could anybody tell me what it says? Thank you

5557AFCD-2067-4A5B-AC6E-EED4AFDB9FCD.jpeg

Site Sponsors:
Pleco for iPhone / Android iPhone & Android Chinese dictionary: camera & hand- writing input, flashcards, audio.
Study Chinese in Kunming 1-1 classes, qualified teachers and unique teaching methods in the Spring City.
Learn Chinese Characters Learn 2289 Chinese Characters in 90 Days with a Unique Flash Card System.
Hacking Chinese Tips and strategies for how to learn Chinese more efficiently
Popup Chinese Translator Understand Chinese inside any Windows application, website or PDF.
Chinese Grammar Wiki All Chinese grammar, organised by level, all in one place.

lips

司公業茶國中

造製廠茶磗橋李趙

Chinese Tea Company

Manufactured by Zhao Li Qiao Tea Brick Factory

The characters are not reversed in the picture.

• Helpful 1

Shelley

It is a block of highly compressed tea. I have one of these and I have it for decoration as the is not the best tea and it looks brilliant so its a shame to break it up.

If you look on the back it should have a "Chocolate Bar" look to it, this is where you can break it up easily.

If you handle it a bit you will notice it crumbles a bit and you will get fine tea dust in your hand.

I would find somewhere dry and put it on display and enjoy looking at it.

• Helpful 1

imron

Maybe chip a bit off the back first, brew it up and see if you like it.  You might like the flavour more than you like the look.

NaytanDova

Haha. It’s a lot at an auction but I’m less inclined to buy a block of tea than a printing block. Thanks for the help. Imagine if I bought it blind and found out at home. I’d be so dissapointed

• Like 1