Chinese-Forums

你们好

Hua

很高兴认识你们。我是重庆人,大学本科生,在美国读过一段时间大学。

我对很多社会文化相关的问题都感兴趣,很期待加入你们的讨论。当然如果你们有比较具体的问题也欢迎私信我,比如有关重庆,重庆话的问题。如果你们需要的话。我也很乐意在语言方面给予你们一些帮助。

说实话我很佩服你们这些中文学习者的毅力,中文可以说非常复杂,你们能坚持下来我认为是非常不易的。对语言学习我与你们感同身受,我学英语也学了很久,经常陷入瓶颈,难以突破自我。多年在学校学的“哑巴英语”到底还是不管用的,我去了美国才真正了解到“身临其境”对语言学习的重要性。在那里我也见识过很多正在学中文的当地大学生,他们多是中文专业或者至少辅修了中文,其中有一些中文说的相当好,但我不解的是尽管当地中国留学者众多,他们中的大多数人并不倾向与汉语使用者交流,如果我不主动去问的话,我甚至都不知道他们在学中文!我这才意识到原来隔离式的语言学习是一个极其普遍的问题,无论学习的是何种语言,所以我们真正需要的是其实是一个语言环境,一个母语使用者与学习者相互交流的平台,我想这个“汉语角”就是在发挥类似的作用吧。

Hi,

Seems like the Chinese text I wrote was a little bit daunting for the learners. I will give a briefing of what I said instead. 

I am glad to join this community as a native speaker, willing to help you with anything I can help with. Learning a new language is difficult and I felt the same way when I started learning English. Many have wondered what makes the best condition for language learning. An immersive environment, with which the majority of linguists agree, is always the key to the quality acquisition of any language. I have met a couple of locals who were studying Chinese or at least taking relevant courses in American universities and I realized the problem with language learning is quite universal. Although there are a large proportion of Chinese international students in their schools, many local learners just do not tend to utilize the opportunities to communicate with them. Sometimes if I did not take the initiative to ask them, I did not even know they were learning Chinese! I am not sure if it is because they were not confident about their Chinese level but I mean, come on, you already have so many advantages!

Join us at Chinese Corner!

@Zbigniew

美国总体来说有着一个多元的社会,表现在各种文化背景的国民共存。维系他们的是美国的一套宏观的社会结构,包括其选举式的政治制度,庞大开放的经济体系,略有矛盾的教育制度,带有一定价值观和政治正确的主流文化。美国的民族国家意识在文化层面上其实是弱的,这赋予了不同文化很大的生存空间,但这也意味着多元之下文化观点间有着难以弥合的矛盾。反复出现的种族主义与反种族主义运动,日常生活中的文化偏见,包括美国以种族识别身份的社会习惯,都能说明这一点。只论日常生活,大部分时间还是挺舒服的。作为一个留学生,大多数当地人尊重你的私人空间,但如果要互相交流融合就是另一回事了。我发现当地人对文化间的融合实际上比较冷漠。暴力与滥用毒品也是问题,在美国报纸上这种事情几乎家常便饭。

中国社会,由于历史与国家体制的原因,在塑造整体意识上要强得多,但对社会变革反应比较僵硬,对于接受外来文化观点矛盾。这种现象有好有坏,要靠具体情况判断。生活在中国社会,如果你是一个中等收入的城市居民,你可能会感到诸多压力与不满,但这个写起来不是一两页就能解决的,所以就先说到这吧。

• Helpful 1

• 6 months later...

I think part of the reason could be that Chinese students abroad tend to separate into Chinese only groups (as do Japanese and other asians) unlike those from other countries who tend to mix in with the natives more. Your English is also amazingly good but I found that's not very common with Chinese students abroad. In fact I've met some that don't speak English at all! So I think that's perhaps the reason those learning Chinese don't tend to approach Chinese international students.

忘了我在这里该说中文。。:-?