Chinese-Forums

Xinjiang Urumqi 2018 Learn Mandarin Chinese BICYCLE

Miles言乐

• New Members

Hey everybody,

I want to go to Urumqi in September 2018 for five weeks to check out Xinjiang landscape and culture and to keep learning mandarin. 

My mandarin level is pretty decent already and I'd like to do individual (1 student 1 teacher) classes but group is fine, my problem is finding a school in Urumqi with short term programs.

The university pages are hard to navigate for a non-native speaker and many of the English pages don't have all the information on it.

Does Anybody know a private language school? I would be happy just showing up and getting a tutor but even with that I'm not sure how I would find someone.

I know Shihezi Uni has a group chinese program that I'm considering... maybe someone can tell me something about that.

While I'm asking anyway... does anyone in Urumqi have any experience with buying/renting a cheap bike for a month in the city? Maybe shops that sell old bikes??

Thanks! 谢谢

Miles Reynolds