Chinese-Forums

方方,《落日》

Geiko

So I found this book in my local library (they only have five novels in Chinese, so it really caught my attention!). However, I haven't been able to find a .txt version of the story online, and I've become so dependent on Imron's CTA that now I don't dare to start a novel if I don't know for sure that I'll be able to read it at ease :wall Has anybody read it or any other book from the same author? It has a high score in douban, 8.0, but I'd love to hear your opinions...  

It seems the text version is quite tricky to find.  Normally searching for the name and .txt is enough, but in this case it doesn't turn up the relevant book.  I did manage to find a PDF version, but it's using scanned images which is no good for CTA and typing a sentence of the text from the novel didn't turn up anything either, so I guess it's not easily available anywhere.

I'd try reading the first few pages.  That's not a huge investment of time and should give you a good idea whether or not you'd be able to handle it.

Remember that one of the aims of CTA is to help you learn to read without using any reading aids (including CTA), so now is a good time to check to see how far along you are with respect to that!

Thanks, Imron. I downloaded some of her other novels and they don't seem to be too difficult (I'm around 94-95% of known words), so I will definitely give it a try. When I find young adult novels, or chick lit, I'm comfortable enough to read them straight away, without checking CTA, but unknown authors still feel a bit daunting to me. I'm always afraid to be in front of a new Mo Yan or Jin Yong  :D 

• Like 1