Chinese-Forums

Last Train Home 归途列车

abcdefg

LiMo -- I found it free at Amazon as a subscriber benefit ("Amazon Prime.") Before that, I found a place to rent it for $2.99 US (24-hour rental.) The rental deal was at Vudu.

I don't know whether it might be available from one of the many free Chinese movie streaming websites. (These are not available to me while I'm temporarily in the US.) If you are in China now, you could check, searching with the Chinese name. 归途列车

• Helpful 1

Related clipping: (Source: https://www.axios.com/newsletters/axios-china-35465d09-256b-49d0-9f27-34371dc74ab6.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=&stream=top-stories )

Spring Festival travel madness has begun

The Lunar New Year holiday, also known as the Spring Festival in China, has begun. New Year's Day falls on Feb. 16 this year. By the numbers: Every year hundreds of millions of Chinese travel during the 40 day period around the holiday and the country basically shuts down for a week starting on New Year's Eve.

This year officials expect 2.98 billions trips between February 1 and March 12, with a maximum daily peak of 100 million journeys.

As the above tweet from People's Daily shows, recent gains in the yuan is expected to have a positive impact on Chinese nationals traveling overseas.

Be smart: Chinese travel patterns are shifting and more people are taking overseas vacations during the Spring Festival holiday. Online travel agency Ctrip reports via China News Service that: Chinese overseas tourists will spend 9,580 yuan ($1,510) on average during the Spring Festival holiday, led by the most expensive trip — a journey to the Antarctic at 160,000 yuan; The number of tourists who have booked Antarctic trips nearly doubled over last Spring Festival.

Get ready for the Year of the Dog.