Chinese-Forums

Can anyone Recommend me a hotel less than 100 yuan a night in Guangzhou?

Pianote

Then trudge through the listings on Agoda/Booking/ctrip/elong. I'm just giving you the name of a place that I know is well-located and good value for Guangzhou. There are a bit cheaper places around, but carefully note transport options and location: it's easy to book yourself someplace out past the airport an hour's walk from a Metro station.

Guangzhou and Shanghai and Beijing tend to be more expensive than elsewhere in China. That's the market.

(If you're spending some time in Guangzhou and using the Metro a lot, look into the three-day passes.)

use ctrip, 去哪儿 or basically any chinese hotel app. A western app will, be twice the price 

Not sure about Guangzhou but in Shanghai / Beijing less that 100Y a night will be pretty grim, hutongs, hostel or miles away. Maybe there are deals to be had , not sure

Actually, Agoda sometimes has better rates than the Chinese booking apps. Today it's foreigners who are more price sensitive than Chinese.

In any event, I do find Agoda/Booking do a better job of sorting out the no-foreigners-accepted places than ctrip/elong, though they all make mistakes.

• Helpful 1