Chinese-forums.com
Learn Chinese in China

• Why you should look around

Since 2003, Chinese-forums.com has been helping people learn Chinese faster and get to China sooner. Our members can recommend beginner textbooks, help you out with obscure classical vocabulary, and tell you where to get the best street food in Xi'an. And we're friendly about it too. 

Have a look at what's going on, or search for something specific. We hope you'll join us. 
Pianote

Where To Buy Towels In Guangzhou??

Pianote

For some reason I am having to hardest time finding small towels to wash my face with so I've been using scrubbing gloves I found...

Where and what district?

• Like 1
  • Good question! 1

Site Sponsors:
Pleco for iPhone / Android iPhone & Android Chinese dictionary: camera & hand- writing input, flashcards, audio.
Study Chinese in Kunming 1-1 classes, qualified teachers and unique teaching methods in the Spring City.
Learn Chinese Characters Learn 2289 Chinese Characters in 90 Days with a Unique Flash Card System.
Hacking Chinese Tips and strategies for how to learn Chinese more efficiently
Popup Chinese Translator Understand Chinese inside any Windows application, website or PDF.
Chinese Grammar Wiki All Chinese grammar, organised by level, all in one place.

Plenty of handtowels in places like Wal-Mart and Carrefour. Or you can dare to try Taobao/T-Mall and get home delivery.

• Like 1

Buying from Amazon means longer -- probably much longer -- delivery times and then there's customs to worry about. Plus, the site is only partially in English when you select "English" as your language. Still a lot of Chinese to navigate. Not to mention that I highly suspect Taobao is a lot lot cheaper, not that I've compared handtowels.

I think the OP needs a good excuse to engage his developing Chinese friends and develop his engaging Chinese skills, and asking for help setting up and using Taobao is a worthwhile approach.

edelweis

I love the OP's conciseness/laconism.

• Like 1

Jim

Surely these can be stolen from any good hotel (and several bad ones)? :twisted:

Pianote

I'm staying in a hostel that doesn't provide towels but nevermind. I was walking to the subway station today and found some towels!  I didnt have to go all the way out to Walmart!

• Like 1

imron
19 hours ago, 889 said:

Plenty of handtowels in places like Wal-Mart and Carrefour. Or you can dare to try Taobao/T-Mall and get home delivery.

There's a frood who really knows where his towel is.

• Like 2

somethingfunny
On 2/5/2018 at 11:45 AM, Pianote said:

I've been using scrubbing gloves I found

Yeah, I'd like to hear more about this...

somethingfunny

I was having more trouble with the fact OP 'found' them.  Although I now see that they probably meant found them in a shop, rather than found them on the floor, like I had imagined.

imron

Or found them in her apartment after they'd been left there by the previous foreign teacher

somethingfunny

Yeah, basically, just something disgusting.

Pianote

Im not at my apartment. I'm visiting another province I'm completely unfamiliar with . I found the gloves Somewhere else here.

• Like 1

edelweis
32 minutes ago, Pianote said:

Somewhere else here.

I love this.

"I'm staying in a hostel that doesn't provide towels but nevermind."

For 100RMB/night you get towels.

Pianote

I upgraded to a 65 yuan a night hostel. I was staying at a shady hotel and bought the gloves from a place across the street.  Anyway, the hostel I am in now does not provide towels.

65元!I don't dare ask how much you were paying for the shady hostel, in Guangzhou no less. Or just how shady it was.

Pianote

150/night

even though im rooming with a few other girls here, my current hostel is much better.

Flickserve

What do these hostels look like? Can you post a picture of the interior? No need for the girls to be in the picture. 

• Like 1