Chinese-Forums

collaborative PC dictionary

georjungcocaine

Just like many learners posting here, I am interested in having a pop up reader dict. for PC. Since data resources such as mdbg are open source, hiring somebody to develop a basic interface such as that of the reader should not be very expensive, less so for a bunch of us. What'd you think?

You want to create a pc program for reading texts with an integrated Chinese dictionary? There should already be some out there ...

Do you know Chinese Text Analyser?

Amazon's Kindle reader app, also available for pc, can read all text files you send to your own account. It has dictionaries for different languages, though I am not really happy with how they did it.

Creating own's own text reader should be easy enough; however, it is my understanding that generating perfect Chinese word segmentation (eg. for the dictionary) is nearly impossible.

I also just remembered Wenlin, but after checking their webpage I still don't know if it can be used as a reader ...