Chinese-forums.com
Learn Chinese in China

• Why you should look around

Since 2003, Chinese-forums.com has been helping people learn Chinese faster and get to China sooner. Our members can recommend beginner textbooks, help you out with obscure classical vocabulary, and tell you where to get the best street food in Xi'an. And we're friendly about it too. 

Have a look at what's going on, or search for something specific. We hope you'll join us. 
JR88

Question about z visa document certification

JR88

Hello

I'm a British citizen providing the documents for a Z visa. I have been asked to get certain documents certified/notified by an authority for presentation to the embassy. 

The issue I'm having is that certification and notification are being used interchangeably, and I don't know if going to see a bank manager or a doctor will suffice to get these documents signed off on (in the case of certification), or if I have to go to a registered notary. 

Obviously in an effort to keep costs down, going to the bank seems like a better bet than shelling out for a notary, but equally I don't want to turn up at the embassy and be told to go away and do it properly next time.

Can anyone here provide some clarity? 

Thanks very much 

Joe 

P.S. Apologies for the lack of hilarity, figured if clickbait works for the news it might work for visa application queries. 

Site Sponsors:
Pleco for iPhone / Android iPhone & Android Chinese dictionary: camera & hand- writing input, flashcards, audio.
Study Chinese in Kunming 1-1 classes, qualified teachers and unique teaching methods in the Spring City.
Learn Chinese Characters Learn 2289 Chinese Characters in 90 Days with a Unique Flash Card System.
Hacking Chinese Tips and strategies for how to learn Chinese more efficiently
Popup Chinese Translator Understand Chinese inside any Windows application, website or PDF.
Chinese Grammar Wiki All Chinese grammar, organised by level, all in one place.

imron
21 minutes ago, JR88 said:

P.S. Apologies for the lack of hilarity, figured if clickbait works for the news it might work for visa application queries. 

I removed the clickbait title, but apology accepted.  Par for the course on other parts of the Internet doesn't always pass muster here.

JR88
  21 minutes ago, JR88 said:

I removed the clickbait title, but apology accepted.  Par for the course on other parts of the Internet doesn't always pass muster here.

No worries, I'll leave the post script in, if anyone reads it they can imagine the title of their dreams