Chinese-Forums

Question about z visa document certification

JR88

Hello

I'm a British citizen providing the documents for a Z visa. I have been asked to get certain documents certified/notified by an authority for presentation to the embassy. 

The issue I'm having is that certification and notification are being used interchangeably, and I don't know if going to see a bank manager or a doctor will suffice to get these documents signed off on (in the case of certification), or if I have to go to a registered notary. 

Obviously in an effort to keep costs down, going to the bank seems like a better bet than shelling out for a notary, but equally I don't want to turn up at the embassy and be told to go away and do it properly next time.

Can anyone here provide some clarity? 

Thanks very much 

Joe 

P.S. Apologies for the lack of hilarity, figured if clickbait works for the news it might work for visa application queries. 

21 minutes ago, JR88 said:

P.S. Apologies for the lack of hilarity, figured if clickbait works for the news it might work for visa application queries. 

I removed the clickbait title, but apology accepted.  Par for the course on other parts of the Internet doesn't always pass muster here.

21 minutes ago, JR88 said:

I removed the clickbait title, but apology accepted.  Par for the course on other parts of the Internet doesn't always pass muster here.

No worries, I'll leave the post script in, if anyone reads it they can imagine the title of their dreams