Chinese-Forums

Can anyone help me translate this text?

Jkk

很高兴在芝加哥认识你,和你结为好友。感谢你在美国给予我的帮助。和你一起渡过一段愉快的时光是我在芝加哥最难忘的回忆。

你是我最好的朋友,我永远不会忘记你的,希望你幸福快乐。期待我们再次相遇。

The gist is:  I had a great time with you in Chicago, I'm so happy we are friends, thanks for all your help, and I'll never forget you.  Best wishes and I hope we can see each other again.

• Thanks 2
  • Helpful 1

It was a friend actually, years ago. She met this Chinese gal at a station. The gal told her, with whatever little English she knew, she was lost and that she was an exchange student from China. She was gonna be there for a week. So my friend took her to her place, served tea and took her to China town. The gal left that postcard before she left for China. Sweet ha?

• Like 1

"So, yeah, she asked me to help with this postcard, and it was Chinese so I couldn't read it, but I pretended I could and got help on the Internet. One thing led to another and... well, kids, that's how I met your mother. And also, why you have to go to Mandarin class. I'm in way too deep to tell her the truth now."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, somethingfunny said:

很高兴在芝加哥认识你,和你结为好友。感谢你在美国给予我的帮助。和你一起渡过一段愉快的时光是我在芝加哥最难忘的回忆。

你是我最好的朋友,我永远不会忘记你的,希望你幸福快乐。期待我们再次相遇。

'I am very happy to have met you in Chicago and to have become good friends with you. Thank you for the help you have given me in the US. The happy times I spent with you are my most unforgettable memory of Chicago. You are my best friend, I will never forget you, I hope you are well and happy. I look forward to us meeting again.'

Literal translation, the Chinese is a bit more natural of course.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, roddy said:

"So, yeah, she asked me to help with this postcard, and it was Chinese so I couldn't read it, but I pretended I could and got help on the Internet. One thing led to another and... well, kids, that's how I met your mother. And also, why you have to go to Mandarin class. I'm in way too deep to tell her the truth now."

Well she knows...I told her I'd ask someone?