Chinese-Forums

Where to buy affordable proper underwear?

FJsparta

• New Members

Ignore topic: The OP and his pal below (most likely one and the same person) are touting for their pants company. See also.

Hi Everyone,

I know it might be a weird topic, but I have now for years struggled to find good quality underwear for an affordable price. It seems HM is the only option, but I dont really fancy the quality of HM?

As it is now i'm loading up my underweaar draw everytime I go back home, but I believe in this big country there must be some decent underwear out there.

Looking forward to get you guys view on this topic, and to see if I'm the only one with this problem. Hopefully as well we can share some of the best places to buy underwer that fits us westeners, without having to buy XXXXL when u r just a L back home. :).  

Just for the record I'm looking for mens boxers.

• Like 1
  • Good question! 1

I bought most of mine at Uniqlo.  They never were quite as good as Marks and Spencer, but they did the job.  They'll also tailor the trousers to fit your leg length, making it easier to get a pair of trousers that make sense.  The downside with Uniqlo though was that they only seemed to have one size of socks, it was mental.

And welcome to the forums!  Maybe if you tell us which city you're in, someone might be able to give some more specific advice.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

I buy all my boxers back home.  It is impossible to find good quality here.  There are premium brands but they are horrifically expensive.  

I just got into the habit of keeping a few extra unopened packs of underwear, undershirts, socks in the closet.  Whenever clothes get worn out, just open up a new pack.  

• Helpful 1

• New Members

Cheers for all the replies, it seems im not the only one with this problem :). I'm living in Xiamen in Fujian. I will go check out Uniqlo, but I just have a sense of that they are similar as HM? I might be wrong. Keep comming with suggestions, or if you suddenly find somehting. 

• Like 1

• New Members

I ordered some underwear from a brand called Viking Heritage last week, after a friend introduced it to me, as we had the exact same discussion, where to buy underwear? As, you say yourself, I usually buy mine from H&M, but I find that they break too fast.

You can only buy the Viking Heritage on their wechat, at least that’s what I did (they speak English)… There might be some other way, but this was pretty easy though.

They are selling a 3-pack for 150 RMB, and that includes express delivery, so that’s pretty cheap, and they are very comfortable and the fitting is great – they are made from bamboo fabric (had no idea that existed) and wow that is some nice soft stuff!

Anyway, if you search for VikingHeritage (one word) on wechat, you should be able to find them. They told me they are following European size standards, so I guess you can just order size L from them, no need to think in Chinese size (XXXXL) :-D
I am a size XL myself, and that’s what I ordered, and they were spot on.

Hope this helps

3 hours ago, ChTTay said:

Also all back home. Marks & Spencer's for life. 

Shopping for clothes here in Beijing is generally bad. I usually take half a suitcase home and fill the empty half.   

Posh snob :D

I thought they were gone from Beijing. I visited the store 3 days running when they were having that closing down sale. I think I spend GBP400 in total on the food court. It was chaos in there but everything less that half price