Chinese-Forums

Where to buy affordable proper underwear?

FJsparta

Yeah the Beijing Store was short lived. They closed down a lot internationally. I feel like the food there did better than anything else, maybe they should just try that next time or team up with another store to sell their products. 

The main problem I had with the jing Store was they didn’t sell any of the sausage rolls etc! Hong Kong has all of that stuff. 

Along with your shoes, underwear is an area where you don’t want to be cheap!

edit: just saw the thing about ignoring the topic ... but it’s stoll quite a good one even if we ignore the OP. Haha

1 hour ago, ChTTay said:

Yeah the Beijing Store was short lived. They closed down a lot internationally. I feel like the food there did better than anything else, maybe they should just try that next time or team up with another store to sell their products. 

The main problem I had with the jing Store was they didn’t sell any of the sausage rolls etc! Hong Kong has all of that stuff. 

Along with your shoes, underwear is an area where you don’t want to be cheap!

Maybe the mods will want to tidy up the thread or delete. 

Off Topic: The M&S food was exactly like UK but prices were ridiculous. I agree there is a market for the food court but 60 or 70 yuan for a pot of marmalade is steep.

Back on the pants topic: are they that expensive in China? I honestly never noticed. I'm not into designer pants like Calvin Klein or whoever is the king of undies these days. Sitting at home in your smalls and TShirt on a hot summers day in Beijing, using your stomach as a plate for the pizza is not a good look despite the brand of pants you're wearing :D

"How do you 'cheaply' transship something?"

There are shipping companies that target Asian customers who want to buy online in the US, on Amazon, especially. You give Amazon the address of the transhipper's US warehouse, then at the warehouse your stuff is consolidated with other people's stuff and shipped out by air at low rates.

To HK, for example, the transhipment cost is now down to HK$15/lb with some companies. Since Amazon has free shipping on most orders over US$25, your only cost is usually just transhipment.

2 hours ago, Jim said:

Should imagine any warriors looking down from Valhalla will be disappointed to discover their heritage amounts to spammily marketed cheapo undercrackers.

And even more disappointed that their domain name registration appears to have lapsed so anyone looking to make mischief could pick it up...

5 hours ago, unluckyuncle said:

It is true!

That sounds really unlucky.  What a serendipitous username you have there ;)

When I first read the topic title I thought it said paper underwear. I spent ages reading the subsequent posts wondering why all these people wanted and indeed wore paper underwear.

The added note in the OP's first post just made it all that more surreal.

• Like 1