Chinese-Forums

Who are influential in this forum?

Stellala

10 hours ago, Stellala said:

By the way, could you tell me who do you think are influential in this forum? 

Imron because he fits the criteria above. Very neutral posts, often with new perspectives, not many cliches/jargons etc.

Roddy because of his experience and his dry sense of humour

陳德聰  because of knowledge of Chinese and observational skills

Publius - I really appreciate those well-founded detailed posts that just really explain any chinese language aspect.

Tomsima - very motivating and inspires to study hard. Good role model and provides useful study hints

Edelweis - very precise and to the point answers

But see, These are based on my needs. Also, I am a relatively new user so I am not sure this counts.

10 hours ago, Stellala said:

leadership is associated with individual community activity, social network position, and language use

I am drawn to users who use the appropriate language/words in a creative way  to express their point. Those that manage to find the exact wording for something. StudyChinese I think the user's name is a recent one that springs to mind and Imron above again: wide vocabulary obviously shows a high  intellect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Lu said:

I gave you a 'thank you' but it's intended as a first prize. Because it's a cup, you see?

Thank you so much, Lu. I never won a first prize before. The cup looks beautiful.

As the most influential person on the forum, I have decided to appoint you as my deputy. When I am not here, you are in charge.

• Like 3

On 12/03/2018 at 12:17 PM, Tøsen said:

One question: how do you evaluate the fact  if people use a lot of "I" and personal pronouns related to themselves (me,my, mine), is that more likely to have an impact on others in terms of opinion leadership?

@Stellala

This interesting article from Harvard Business Review analyses people`s of personal pronouns

Quote ".A person’s use of function words—the pronouns, articles, prepositions, conjunctions, and auxiliary verbs that are the connective tissue of language—offers deep insights into his or her honesty, stability, and sense of self. "

Source:

https://hbr.org/2011/12/your-use-of-pronouns-reveals-your-personality

• Thanks 1