Chinese-Forums

蚊帐 do i really need this?

randall_flagg

hi!

I'll be in yunnan for about a month or so, not only in kunming but also in Xishuangbanna and all those fun places. i won't be staying at any fancy hotels, so I doubt they'll have A/C, most of the time i'll be staying at the usual backpacker spots. i'm in a bit of a spot here: i packing right now and really don't know whether to take my mosquito net or not? PLEASE HELP! would/did you take it? why and why not? I would need this info ASAP leaving in 16 hrs.

Thanks once again.

Randall

What you can get is one of those plug in mosquito repellers that you buy little tabs for. The tabs last all night and most people who use them will swear by them- they keep mosquitoes out of the room for a 10-15 foot radius. They have Raid brand and a lot of other Chinese brands that are a little cheaper. There small enough to take with you and you can plug it in anywhere. The tabs are called wen2 xiang1. Maybe the electric thing is called wen2xiang1qi4 (Can't enable the IME on my friend's computer.)The little machine is abt 10 yuan and the tabs come in packs of 30 for abt 10 yuan. If you're some place real dumpy without electricity you can buy one of those spiral coils that you burn- just make sure you open the window. You can buy any of this stuff all over China in grocery stores or large convenience stores. I prefer all these options to mosquito nets