Chinese-Forums

Chinese audio with Pinyin subtitles

Zen Lo

• New Members

To improve my listening skills, I would like to listen to Chinese audio while being able to read along (Pinyin subtitles/transcript). Does anyone know of any resources to do this? Or perhaps, of any shows that have Pinyin subtitles?

Thanks! Good day :)

Hello and welcome to the forum.

This a good idea it does help, I usually listen first without reading along and then read and listen.

I found Slow Chinese was really good for this. It has interesting articles and stories that aren't too long that are read slowly  and also at normal speed. There are transcripts as well. There is free content and some paid premium content.

This is their website https://www.slow-chinese.com/

I also use the New Practical Chinese Reader textbook, this has audio and you can read along with the text in the book, Book1 is pinyin and characters, Book 2 is just characters.

In my blog I describe how I use NPCR, it might be useful to find more about this textbook which I think is very good if you self studying. (link below)

I think its a good idea to start reading characters as soon as possible, the longer you leave it the more work it seems to be because you have to go back to the beginning and start over with characters.

I hope this is helpful.

• Helpful 1