Chinese-forums.com
Learn Chinese in China

• Why you should look around

Since 2003, Chinese-forums.com has been helping people learn Chinese faster and get to China sooner. Our members can recommend beginner textbooks, help you out with obscure classical vocabulary, and tell you where to get the best street food in Xi'an. And we're friendly about it too. 

Have a look at what's going on, or search for something specific. We hope you'll join us. 
Friday

Does Canvas work in China?

Friday

I will visit China for some months during the summer. But I also must take some on-line courses through my US university, for my job. The school uses Canvas (instructure.com) to host the distance learning courses. I'm concerned I could be locked out of access to this. Has the Canvas platform worked, and reliably, recently, in China?

Site Sponsors:
Pleco for iPhone / Android iPhone & Android Chinese dictionary: camera & hand- writing input, flashcards, audio.
Study Chinese in Kunming 1-1 classes, qualified teachers and unique teaching methods in the Spring City.
Learn Chinese Characters Learn 2289 Chinese Characters in 90 Days with a Unique Flash Card System.
Hacking Chinese Tips and strategies for how to learn Chinese more efficiently
Popup Chinese Translator Understand Chinese inside any Windows application, website or PDF.
Chinese Grammar Wiki All Chinese grammar, organised by level, all in one place.

HuayangAcademy

If you are coming to China from the US you will most probably use a VPN to access US based sites blocked in China such as Facebook and Google

Just to be safe I would recommend using a VPN because even if a site works today it is not definitely going to work tomorrow 

• Helpful 1

ChTTay

...And even if a VPN works today it is not definitely going to work tomorrow!

HuayangAcademy

True that ChTTay seems to be a little better now than a month or two ago though

大块头

I think you'll be ok. This tool suggests that the website you provided isn't blocked.

gfw.png