Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship 2018

pan.kasper
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

@A_G i saw some other people having that, i personally don't, but i don't think you should worry too much. As long as you get your admission from Hanban it should be fine

@BJ Wow, I can't believe that people receive deliveries from their unis so early. I have to wait for mine at least until the end of July, that's what my uni told me, as they first need to be issued and approved by the Chinese government. Do you have all the paperwork needed for the visa application?

@h.p Never heard of anything like that, everyone I know just goes on their own. I even know some people who went by the trans-siberian train from Moscow to Beijing haha :D Are all the people from your CI going to the same university? Maybe that's the case, so they make it more organised. In my CI, we all chose different unis in different cities, so I think we are due to fly on our own

@h.p I got the same message. I was about to book my plane tickets and I got an email that I don't fully understand, saying that they will book the flight tickets for me? And it said something about the rules (规定), too. What did you do?

update:

Visa successfully (?) applied for! I have to go back in 5 days to pick it up. If anyone’s curious, I didn’t have to do anything to the JW202 form, it was mostly filled out when it arrived and the person who inspected it didn’t seem to find any problems. Also I had to fill out a regular visa application form in addition to the stuff my school sent me. Now I guess it’s time to buy my ticket...

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, A_G said:

Also, is it possible to change to own rental mid-semester or after the first semester ?

This will be down to the universities discretion but I have heard examples where people have done this, you will probably need to confirm with them directly.

Something else to consider, the CIS website says:  "Students who live off-campus are entitled to accommodation allowance of 700 CNY per person/month paid on a monthly / quarterly basis from the host institutions."

I don't know about room prices in Nanjing but this topic suggests in 2015 prices were around 2000 RMB a room so you would certainly need to consider your budget.

5 hours ago, XJ said:

How exciting for everyone! Does anyone know what the dorm situation is going to be like? Will you be taking the offered accomodation or finding something yourself? 

While looking at accommodation of different universities in China i have found http://www.cucas.edu.cn/ has a lot of photos of accommodations that may give you an idea (I do not endorse the website beyond informational purposes). If you search there for your university and then click 'Accommodation' they usually have information, while some is pulled directly from the Universities own site, they seem to have sourced content from other places too.

Also there are forum topics listed elsewhere on this forum about specific universities, so you may now want to branch out and begin looking through Individual University Topics as there may be information from people who have already taken your program at your school in previous years.

• Thanks 1
  • Helpful 1

• New Members
On 7/10/2018 at 7:11 PM, 地球人 said:

pyeah same, they told me to wait, I'm going to Xi'an BTW. A friend told me maybe they want to know exactly when I'm arriving and leaving China.

Which school in Xi'an?

@MaxETit Yes, but it’s not a prerequisite to obtaining the visa. CUCAS (no affiliation, not endorsing etc etc) says you can get it done before or after you arrive, but you need it to obtain the Residence Permit

• Like 1

@Summerjaz Oh okay - my worry was that our crappy NHS takes weeks to get an appointment at the best of times so I wasn't sure if it would delay my application, as getting the appointment at the visa centre appears to be a big enough pain! Thanks for letting me know. xiexiexiexie! ?

• New Members

Hi guys i would like to know who admitted to Dalian University of Foreign languages. Did you receive an email that they are going to send you the invitation and your CI will notify you about it?

• New Members

Guys, I won a One Year Scholarship, I don't know when the courses will exactly end, plus I wanna travel after this study period.For this reason I've bought a one way ticket amd I'm planning to buy the return ticket as soon as I have precise dates and so on. I am wondering, will it be a problem entering in China with a one way ticket? I mean, will they let me in or not? I have asked a few people but each of them seems to have a different opinion. ?

• Good question! 1

On 7/16/2018 at 11:18 AM, 奚唯亚 said:

Guys, I won a One Year Scholarship, I don't know when the courses will exactly end, plus I wanna travel after this study period.For this reason I've bought a one way ticket amd I'm planning to buy the return ticket as soon as I have precise dates and so on. I am wondering, will it be a problem entering in China with a one way ticket? I mean, will they let me in or not? I have asked a few people but each of them seems to have a different opinion. ?

I don't see why anyone would refuse you entry. You are going there for one year, not two weeks, in such case it's quite uncommon and probably not even possible to buy a two way ticket. I'm perfectly sure there wouldn't be any problems at the border. Only reason would be that perhaps it would be cheaper if you bought a return ticket.