Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship 2018

pan.kasper
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

Hi everyone. Is anyone applying with NJU? I was one of the people that got caught up in the "one year scholarships are all full" saga, so immediately re-applied for the one semester as that is  better than nothing.

I am slightly concerned because initially during my application for the one year scholarship I had progressed to the stage where NJU sent me an email asking me to add their official account for the Skype interview.  I have done that and I have never heard from them again (only to log on and find out i had been booted back to stage 1).

However, subsequent to me re-applying, I have also emailed them to let them know that I had re-applied for the one semester scholarship, my local CI had approved it and it was now back over to them. I still have not heard anything - i am worried that they have gone on with the interviews and left me behind.

I have also been trying to call them for two days straight to try and get a response - but the number I had previously been able to reach them on is always either busy or unavailable. Has anyone else had any other luck or can shed any light on this situation???

Hello!! After being sent back from stage 3 to 1 because I had a problem with my emergency contact in china (blcu was really nice since they emailed me and told me to change it), four days later I was finally on stage 4. I’m applying to one semester scholarship and on the commentary section of cis online blcu wrote “material complete, major related” etc

im really scared because apparently a lot people have been sent back and even rejected at stage 5 for insufficient places..

do you think that the places for one semester might also be full? ?

thank you and good luck!!

On 6/5/2018 at 2:26 PM, pan.kasper said:

How long did it take for you to receive all the documents for the visa after your reached stage 5

I think around 3 or 4 weeks. But it you are very tight with the times, you can ask for a scanned copy and try.

• Helpful 1

• New Members

Hi everyone. I applied for 4 years scholarship in 30 May.  The confucius application form requires a high school transcript. but I only upload high school diploma in education background. I worry about that canceled scholarship chance. In this case, will the application be canceled? Or sent back from stage1? My currently stage is 3.

Thank you

@Wuka No news from Hanban that quotas have been met for the one semester scholarship, therefore you should apply very soon for Sept 2018 entry as decisions are made in the second half of this month.

• Thanks 1

@Barissevim nobody really knows. It might not even be relevant to be honest. Your best shot is to email the university of your choice and your CI. You are the first person I know that applied for 4 years scholarship so the rules may be different than the ones for the rest of us. 

4 hours ago, Sanna said:

Is it a possibility to being rejected on stage 5? 

Stage 5 is scholarship awarded/not awarded. So once you get to stage 5, it's the final word. You either got it or not. If you are to be rejected on the last instance, it'd be on stage 4 on the way to 5.