Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship 2018

pan.kasper
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

Thank you all as well, it was a pleasure to know you guys!! Maybe some of us will meet in China :D 

@MaxETit yea, i got mine. Check the spam. Even if you don't get it, it shouldn't be a big deal, they just tell you to contact your uni, print the documents, get the visa and not to miss the registration date. 

• Like 1

@YeeLing by 东大 I mean 东南大学, not 东华。 Nothing is written or checked in funding, so I suppose I have to check the box myself. The form is only partially filled in with basic info (name, nationality, scholarship duration, etc). But i suppose including my acceptance letter and the printout from Hanban’s website will be enough for the Visa office.

@h.p your acceptance letter with a stamped Visa application form should be on its way to you (or possibly your CI). Also on the application website there should be an option to print out your scholarship award letter; you’ll need to take all three documents plus your passport to your embassy/consulate to get your student visa. Congrats!!

Hello! I also got it! So relieved. 

However i I am confused as it seems everyone has a slightly different experience. 

I did not get an email from Hanban (I’ve actually never received an official email from han ban, for example when all the one year scholarships were full).

I have always just found out online. I logged in online and saw the news this morning. 

A few hours later, my university emailed me to say that I got the one semester scholarship. 

I emailed led back to ask when we would receive the documents and the lady said they would get sent out via post next week and I would need to wait until August to get it. 

It’s weird that some people seem to get packaged simultaneously to being told they are accepted and others are notified via their university. 

Dows anyone know why this is the case?

i would love to be able to get the documents ASAP so I can start arranging. 

Urgent! Need info guys...
Yesterday I got an info that I admitted in Confucius Institute Scholarship for one year and last month I was informed that I passed the selection of master degree (CSC) program in another Univ and now still waiting for the final decision from CSC until late July. My question, what if I receive the Admission Notice and Visa Application for Study in China from Hanban first? What about my CSC scholarship? Will the CSC deny my scholarship application? Or they will also send me Admission Notice and Visa Application? If you know, please help me to answer this question. Thanks in advance.

of course CSC, but csc final approval will be announce at the end of july. if i deny confucius now, im afraid when csc publish the result my name is not in the list. so, i will not get any of them...  sooooo confusing....

• New Members

@brendawinata Hi, I'm in the same exact  situation as you are. I gave up on CSC scholarship (withdrawn my application), since I didn't make much progress with it anyway and I don't want to risk losing my CIS ? I can still apply for it next year, I guess... I don't know

Don't be afraid to contact your universities. I don't know why but there is some weird belief here that you shouldn't email the university, but I completely disagree with it. I kept in contact with the university of my first choice since early May, asking them questions whenever I was unsure about something. At the end it worked out well - they even mentioned in the note, when they pushed me to stage 4, that I show great eagerness to study in China and that I kept in touch with them.

So, if you didn't get your email, just go on and email your university yourself! Be nice and respectful and it's going to be alright

• Like 1
  • Helpful 2