Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship 2018

pan.kasper
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

@Yosias there's a whole great discussion about it. Personally, I have waited for the certificate, but before it arrived I was thinking about using the screenshot to apply. Many CIs have confirmed that it is possible to use screenshot, whereas say it would reject the application. Nobody seems to be sure really, it's obviously safer to just wait for your certificate.

@地球人 Yes, unfortunately there is much less people on forums this year than it was the last year (I wasn't active then, but I read last years threads). I am continuously trying to make those threads more active, so we can help and support one another, but there doesn't appear to be that many people this year, at least on this forum. I'm not really sure what is the difference between TCSOL and Chinese Language Program, but from what I understand both programs have the same objective of passing HSK5 at the end of it. From what I can see, everyone I know that applies this year is applying for One Year Chinese Language Program, so even though the requirements for TCSOL are a bit higher (270 HSK3 as opposed to 180 for 1-year language program) it might actually be easier to get for TCSOL, especially since you have HSK4 already. The difference, from what I understand, is that TCSOL also provides with an opportunity to learn to teach the Mandarin. 

Hey guys I submitted my application like 2 and a half weeks ago and my first choice is 浙江大学, but I emailed them and they told me that I will know if I am accepted after 20 june(their application deadlines) , I don't know if they mean accepted by the university or the hanban, does anyone know when the hanban starts accepting applications? 

Also I'm a little worried because if the first choise doesn't accept me after 20 June it will be too late to pass to my second choice, right? ?

On 14/5/2018 at 7:19 AM, pan.kasper said:

@Yosias there's a whole great discussion about it. Personally, I have waited for the certificate, but before it arrived I was thinking about using the screenshot to apply. Many CIs have confirmed that it is possible to use screenshot, whereas say it would reject the application. Nobody seems to be sure really, it's obviously safer to just wait for your certificate.

@pan.kasper yes, it's obviously safer if we use the certificate, unfortunately, my test was on 25 March, and the institution who organized the Hanban HSK's test told me if the certificate usually can be taken at least three months after the exam date, which is on 25 June. As we know that the deadline for applying is on 20 June, I think the certificate won't catch the date. Moreover, my country will have a long holiday before 20 June (Eid Mubarak), so there's also no chance to fasten the process. This thing make me feel hopeless and frustating :(

@Aya G. You don't have to worry, universities accept or reject you way before 20 June, you are expected to get a final confirmation around the end of June or beginning of July by Hanban. If your first university does not take you, there will still be plenty of time for another university to accept you. Are you currently at stage 2 or 3?

@Yosias Relax a little :) I have also taken HSK on 24th March and I got my certificate a week ago already. I was surprised it arrived so quickly. But anyway, it shouldn't take more than 1 month after the results of the exams have been released online, which in our case is 24th April. I know how you feel cause I was also going through that, I was worried that the university of my first choice will run out of places by the time my certificate arrives. So I emailed Hanban, more specifically the part responsible for the tests (you can find their email on the chinesetest.cn website), and they offered to send me an extra score report directly to my address which was supposed to take up to 5 days only. I didn't go for it, as by that time I already had my certificate, but you can consider it. If none of that works, just apply with a screenshot, I cannot guarantee it will not make your application rejected, but it's worth trying if you have no other choice. Many people seemed pretty confident saying that it's okay to apply with a screenshot, so I guess the odds are pretty high it would work. But first, wait a month after the results have been released or try to get an extra score certificate.

@Aya G.  I applied for zju as my first choice too and  they never answer my mails :wall and the problem is my second choice is 南京大学 and unfortunately I heard that they need a hard copy of the documents  before the end of may ,so I don't know if I would be able to send them before that or not . are you applying for one year scholarship or master degree ? 

20 minutes ago, 妍卉 said:

I'm not sure that this is how you reply to someone I'm new to this website ?

I'm applying for a one year scholarship. 

I had to send more than one email before getting a response from them and I feel like  it has to be very formal and grammatically correct otherwise they don't answer. 

I also have the same problem, but every time I email them they tell me that I have to wait for the result from 15 june to the end of june. 

43 minutes ago, pan.kasper said:

Hey I'm currently at stage 3,the thing is that that's what they told me, they said I can know when I'm accepted in june, most of my friends have already been accepted into the universities they applied for except for a few of us. 

妍卉 (I can't address you personally, cause your nickname is in Hanzi, doesn't show up) - so I'm assuming you are still at stage 3, is that correct? when exactly did your application reach stage 3?

@Aya G. That really depends, I've been emailing with the university of my first choice and they were extremely helpful and very keen to reply. I also emailed some other unis and some of them did not reply or only gave a very short answer. So it really depends on the place. But that's true, most of the people I know have already reached stage 4

I only reached stage 3 today, I don't know how long it would take me to get to stage 4, for some people it can be less than 2 days for some others it can be like 3 weeks. I think that some universities are not really willing to accept people too early in case they will get more candidates and are scared of filling their quota. But nothing else is left for us than to wait patiently. Have you also been asked by your universities to fill up the medical form? I went to a doctor to get it done and it costs 100 pounds :/ 

@pan.kasper yes I also think that some universities(few of them) will wait till the application deadline, then they can choose who to accept. 

The university didn't ask me yet for the medical form but I will do it soon anyway just in case. What university did you apply for? 

@Aya G. Just reached stage 4 today, it was surprisingly quick. I applied for Chongqing University as my first choice, I was worried that my application would come in too late cause I got the impression from my emails with them that they are slowly filling up their quota, but fortunately I seemed to be right on time. Still, the final decision belongs to Hanban. 

• Like 1

• New Members
  • Hello guys! I applied to 浙江大学 and reached stage 4 on 20th of April. I'm worried that my hskk expires in 20th of May. Do you think it will be a problem? I've been stuck on stage 4 for 4 weeks now.  

@Jessicadalila I applied for 浙江大学 as well, but I haven't yet reached stage 4,its been like 3 weeks or more since I've sent my application. And on the emails they tell me that the application result will be available in June. Have you applied for the one year scholarship? 

9 hours ago, pan.kasper said:

I applied for Chongqing University as my first choice

Well done! Lets hope you hear some good news. I have been looking at Chong Qing information online lately, under some measures its the biggest city in the world for population but no one in the west has really heard of it. Hope to visit myself next year after watching this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmoqeVpSFmw

• Like 1

22 hours ago, pan.kasper said:

@Yosias Relax a little :) I have also taken HSK on 24th March and I got my certificate a week ago already. I was surprised it arrived so quickly. But anyway, it shouldn't take more than 1 month after the results of the exams have been released online, which in our case is 24th April. I know how you feel cause I was also going through that, I was worried that the university of my first choice will run out of places by the time my certificate arrives. So I emailed Hanban, more specifically the part responsible for the tests (you can find their email on the chinesetest.cn website), and they offered to send me an extra score report directly to my address which was supposed to take up to 5 days only. I didn't go for it, as by that time I already had my certificate, but you can consider it. If none of that works, just apply with a screenshot, I cannot guarantee it will not make your application rejected, but it's worth trying if you have no other choice. Many people seemed pretty confident saying that it's okay to apply with a screenshot, so I guess the odds are pretty high it would work. But first, wait a month after the results have been released or try to get an extra score certificate.

@pan.kasper thanks for your advise, it's so helpfull! I just know if they can send us extra score report. Btw, I also want to re-check with you if the requirement for one-academic-year-study (Chinese Language Study) is only HSK 3, and actually HSKK Beginner doesn't needed, am I right?

and also congratulations for your progress haha :clap