Chinese-Forums

University online lessons

Flickserve

An advert offering Chinese lessons came up on my Facebook. They were offered by BLCU. The price is on par with other professional online service providers. They were a bit sparse on the details on what they give. Like no mention of a certificate or exams and one to one tuition online. . 

I was rather surprised to see the advert. It is the first time I have seen such an advert from a University - usually they only offer on site language learning, right? Sent off an enquiry email more out curiosity than anything. 

Will update if they actually respond to the email! 

What's their name / url. There have been two previous contenders, from what I recall. EBLCU.net - I think these guys were associated with BLCU, but website is now defunct. And BLCUChinese.com, which looks to be run by a study in china agency, china-admissions.com and I'm not sure how 'authorised' they are.

The BLCU name is a very well-known brand, and therefore ripe for... "borrowing".

• Like 1

This one?

http://www.blcuchinese.com/online/

This the official site for BLCU online education

http://english.blcu.edu.cn/col/col9650/index.html

The one-to-one initiative isn't mentioned. It may be new, but it would be worth asking through the official site to be sure.

It's strange that it isn't mentioned at all in the official (I think) BLCU web site (International), where a search for online / on line gives this result:

It所选 olie(old s或者样式不存在  

(old site, sorry)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Luxi said:

Yeah. Now that you give both sites I can see the difference. Certainly had me fooled. I had wondered why they profiled two teachers in exactly the same way as an online language school.