Chinese-Forums

I don't know where else to post this and I need help.

NewChineseForumsUser

Hi there and welcome to the forums. Your phone number is not posted on a Chinese website, have no fear.

What you have linked to is a website that asks “what is the QQ # 777777777777?” QQ is a messaging program similar to what some may remember from the early 2000s with MSN Messenger or AIM or ICQ or whatever else. Essentially this is what you would get if you typed a random number into google and asked “who is calling me from this number?” and a bunch of randomly generated questions pop up on some site saying “find out who called you from #########”.

• Like 1

NewChineseForumsUser

To be frank, I can tell that and I'd be relatively fine with it...honestly if the differing descriptions underneath didn't seem match some events that have recently happend that I would rather not talk about. I can only think now that I've seen it that someone I'm acquainted with got my information and put it there without my knowledge; and moreover might have been sharing information/spying on me. I've also looked at /translated them and they don't seem at all to any sort of randomly generated. I'm also sure the site is was a 'Chinese URL' site as described here: https://newrepublic.com/article/117608/chinese-number-websites-secret-meaning-urls

The weeks before this I had s=gotten some strange calls and I also have a WeChat, so maybe thats how it happened, but knowing all this information and reading what it says; then having my number pop up here of all places with the kinds of things it's saying; does not make me feel comfortable at all. And not only that makes me think this was done purposefully and maliciously.

NewChineseForumsUser

And to clarify what descriptions I'm talking about you can see them when you press the second section above the number. this is what pops up:

https://www.03412.com/qq/7777777777/jixiong/

What is saying, I'm honestly convinced about myself is concerning. And again I'm convinced it was put there maliciously.

Yeah you’ve basically put your phone number into an online numerology site so if you believe in numerology it would make sense that the description matches you.

But what I thought was more obvious is that it literally is about a QQ number, not a phone number. You can type in any arrangement of numbers and ask the site to give you a horoscope explanation of the numbers.

Basically you’ve done an online tarot card reading and I guess it got you spot on. There is no hidden meaning to 03412. Take deep breaths, there is no conspiracy.

NewChineseForumsUser

"Yeah you’ve basically put your phone number into an online numerology site,

"Basically you’ve done an online tarot card reading and I guess it got you spot on."

I didn't put it there. I'm saying someone I know very well who honestly also had easy access to them. I'd also still like to know if I can get rid of it. the site says there is a contact page and email and I tried but I can't access it.

"so if you believe in numerology it would make sense that the description matches you"

I don't believe in it at all. 

"Take deep breaths, there is no conspiracy."

I don't believe there's a conspiracy and even if I agree to disagree. I want to know if I can get rid of this

1 hour ago, NewChineseForumsUser said:

I didn't put it there.

By 'put it there' 陳德聰 doesn't mean you wrote that, he means you are searching for that number on that site.

You can put any number you like and it will do an automatic assessment of it.. e.g. https://www.03412.com/qq/1234567890/jixiong/

Let me get this right. So basically you went to an online psychic and gave her a number and asked "what does it say of me." Her reading was so uncannily accurate that you believe someone must have told her about you. And she has a scary, cryptic, numerical name. Correct?

Take a look at these numbers here, here and here. They have the same, identical description. These are actual phone numbers, not a QQ number. Do these numbers also belong to you?

Have you ever considered, you know, maybe she is a really gifted psychic, a true seer?

And, yeah, where did you get her name?

• Helpful 1

NewChineseForumsUser

>Shelly

"How did you become aware of it being on this site in the first place?"

I found while searching my number after some strange calls I received. I thought they were spam so I looked my number on google up myself to see what popped up. Aside from the standard ones I'd think were there, there was that one. 

>Publius

"So basically you went to an online psychic and gave her a number"

It was there when i googled. I didn't give anyone anything. That's what concerned me 

And she has a scary, cryptic, numerical name. Correct?"

No.

>Do these numbers also belong to you?

Yeah you're right on that. They don't

"And, yeah, where did you get her name?"

I didn't. There wasn't anyone. i live in the U.S. and did not know how or why that site would be included with my search results

I think you’re really really really misunderstanding what is going on.

If you type your phone number into google, the first however many hits will be stuff like “who called me from ____?” and/or “caller id info for ____”.

You don’t need to have put your number or have had anyone put your number onto these sites because the numbers are generated by the sites themselves (probably based on access to search results?)

When you see your number come up on a “who called me from” or a “caller id info for” site, do you get scared and think someone put your info there? The text you’re worried about is auto-generated text.

The issue is that you don’t know that it’s super common for Chinese sites to turn random strings of numbers into a horoscope, so you think this is targeted when it’s very clearly not.

Someone searched for the QQ number that just happens to be the same as your old phone number, and that’s why that number is even on the site in the first place. Now you’ve searched the same number and clicked on the ridiculous spam link that asks “wanna find out what the numerology of this number is?” and what you get is equivalent to fortunetelling copypasta.

If you tried to contact the site to have it removed in spite of knowing all the above, I doubt you would even get a reply.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 2

You do realize when a number is not assigned to you, they still exist, right?

The number of phone numbers is finite. You can enumerate them. When you try to call a random number, you probably get a "the number you dialed is not valid/in use/etc" message. That simply means the number is unassigned. That does not mean the number has disappeared from the sequence of natural numbers. It's still in the numbers pool.

And despite what is said by the good sir above, it really doesn't need anyone to search for a number for it to exist on the web.

For example, if I know a QQ number has at least 5 digits and at most 10 digits, I can list them all by counting from 10000, 10001, 10002... to 9999999998, 9999999999. I can then calculate the numerology for each and every one of them and put them out there for everybody to see. If a number is "auspicious", the owner of that number can sell it and make a small fortune. If it's currently not taken, anybody can be the first to own it.

One of the QQ numbers happens to be the same as your old phone number. The web page (let's say created by me) containing that QQ number has been indexed by Google. When you ask Google to search for a number, Google thinks that page might be relevant and shows it in the search result. Simple as that.

It's not about you, all right? And who told you Google only gives you results in your country? What if you want to go to Rome. Do you think all web pages about Rome are in the US?

EDIT: The bottom line is, the number you saw on that Chinese website, whose numerology reading you think matches your life, is not even a phone number. Even if it were a phone number, it would be a Chinese phone number and have nothing to do with the same number in the US. There is something called country code for a reason. Any request to have it removed would simply be laughed at and quite rightly ignored.

1 hour ago, NewChineseForumsUser said:

I found while searching my number after some strange calls I received. I thought they were spam so I looked my number

Why didn't you look up the strange number?

It would never occur to me to google my own number, especially a defunct number, what relevance has that?

If I was getting strange calls, I would look up the strange number.

As Publius says, its not your number any more, it could belong to anyone or no one until assigned to someone.