Chinese-Forums

Job prospects after learning Chinese

Ruskin

• New Members

Hi, everyone! I'm a new member here, I want to know what are the good job prospects after learning Chinese language. I know a lot of the members here are pretty much experienced and posses good Chinese language skills so I'd be happy to hear it from you people. Would you get better job opportunities in China or your native country ( solely on the basis of Chinese language/foreign language skills). Please pour in your experience, suggestions etc. Thank you! Cheers!

It depends on what career path you choose. Realistically if you want to be successful in chosen career (business medicine, engineering etc) ,  it's your major and university that gets you your first job. After that your work experience, what university you graduated from and contacts will decide everything.

Chinese will just be a tool in the armory.

Naturally if you work as an interpreter, translator, sales rep in China they skill is paramount but generally in business on international scale, languages are unimportant.