Chinese-Forums

Question regarding the documents

Takusui

I'm preparing the two sets to send them to my embassy after applying for the Bilateral Program. My questions now are:

• Should I have the copies of my certificate of enrolment and transcripts notarised for my second set of documents?
  • Should I provide all the documents for the physical examination form (test report for AIDS and other illnesses, X-ray and ECG) or just the form?
  • Should I add my volunteer activity certificate?
  • Am I allowed to change the preferred teaching language to English, if on the online form I set it as Chinese (couldn't change it)?

Thank you in advance.

@Takusui

1) Usually, notarization isn't even required if you are graduated from Mainland university however I sent two copies (one with original notarization and the duplicate with notarized xerox copies of it)

2) Many universities require only 20 pages each set if no such criteria no harm in adding all the reports. 

3) No harm in adding it. 

4) You can change it. When they review it they will call you or write you email to confirm it. 

• Helpful 1

@Ampicillin Thanks for answering my questions! It says on the form that there should be less than 20 pages, and I already have 19. I guess I'll leave the other reports aside for now, haha.

Do you know if they send me a mail if any of the documents is not entirely to their views or do they just discard my application?

@Takusui  They usually call if any document is missing or incorrect after they check their online university application. But, it mostly depends upon the University and how many applications they're receiving. Many universities don't bother to call back or give email. 

• Helpful 1

@Ampicillin But do they still send the documents to the other universities? I applied for Zhejiang University and I would go if I was accepted there.

Also, it isn't a problem that I didn't add the University for which I added the pre-admission letter to the preferred institutions, right?