Chinese-Forums

help with these sentences in Chinese

Nalicia

Nihao guys, could anyone please help me to translate these sentences  into english. (I.m watching Great sage equals Heaven 2018 movie), but definitely certain words in this sentence are quite confusing. 

a... 我们主公你前九世的心魔所化

b...在没有拿到孙悟空的心之前

c...他还需依附于你的心魄

1. 我们主公 =My Majesty? our Majesty? or King? 

2.心魔? devil?

3.所化 transformation?

4. 九世 ninth century,?

5. 孙悟空 Sun wukong

6. ..在没有拿到孙悟空的心之前  coudnt grab wukong's heart before?

7, 他还需依附于你的心魄 he still needs to adhere your soul?

so the first one would be something like. our king transformation into debil of ....? please it's quite frustrating not to understand. 

Bit abstruse given the fantastic context but I'll give a guess at some:

主公 is "our lord" "our king" I think: http://www.zdic.net/c/b/9/14861.htm says 古时臣称呼君 - the way subjects referred to their lord in ancient times

心魔 has a modern meaning of demons that plague a person and presume that is a metaphorical use of what here is a quite literal sense, because taking the rest together:

我们主公你前九世的心魔所化...在没有拿到孙悟空的心之前...他还需依附于你的心魄

I'd hazard at some thing like, "Our Lord is an avatar of the demon that plagued your heart/mind nine rebirths ago, while he still hasn't captured Sun Wukong's heart he has to stay dependent/attached to your soul

Seems to be saying he sort of leaps from one soul to another like a gibbon swinging from tree to tree, grab the next branch before letting go.

None of the above is at all authoritative!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

心魔 is metaphorical as in the Buddhist sense of the 'passions', emotional burdens/urges that one carries with them like a fire burning on their back. Its often used to describe bad/uncontrollable urges.

more context needed, as Jim says, this is a specific use of the language that requires specific knowledge. If 孫悟空 is on your list of words to learn, don't worry about any of the things above that you didn't understand, very narrow skill set required!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1