Chinese-Forums

Confucius Scholarship and name with special character

pan.kasper

Hey,

I am applying for a Confucius Insitute scholarship commencing September 2018 for Chinese Language Program. One of the things that is bothering me is the fact that my last name contains a special character "ę" and I am not sure whether or not should I write it like that in my application or just use "e" like I usually do when I fill most documents (as I live in the UK). The requirements say that the name must be identical as in the passport but on the other hand, writing special characters on the websites that are not used to it tends to cause problems. 

I even emailed to Confucius Institutes in my country (though I'm applying from London) and they gave me opposing answers, one said I should use a special character, the other one said that I should write 'e' instead. 

Did anybody have a similar problem before? Or knows somebody who did?

• Like 1
  • Good question! 1

hi 

In my case our ci teacher wrote a "证明" for us , it's an evidence that despite my name in passport isn't the same as my hsk,hskk certificate name but I'm the same person and I attached it with the passport. and before that she emailed alot of universities some of them said that one character isn't a big deal. 

• Helpful 2

• 1 month later...