Chinese-Forums

MOFCOM scholarships 2018

Rosena

@PetaGaye look at the screenshot I attached to the post under my photograph you will see the numbers I mentioned. Its 201/202表号:15024682 the Chinese word there means "table number". Someone I knew that went to Wuhan on MOFCOM scholarship says its means that Wuhan sent 202 names for approval by CSC and based on my surname been 'U' am number 201 serially. Its a very good sign..so check your own. If its not there then my best guess is that it may have been an omission. Did you apply through African Union too?

NOTICE: I have been informed that the 201/202 you see is a short form for JW201/JW202 visa document. It means the university has processed you for that which is a GOOD sign..usually it signify you are closer.. Lets just hang on for a while. Good luck my follow scholars!!!

according to my knowledge 201/202 is for the type of scholarship that is 201 for full and 202 for partial.you haven't gotten my question, am simply asking if anyone who has gotten mofcom scholarship from the first list has received their documents that is:Admission documents and JW201 form. @HenryUfomba

In the initial application, I was not aware that I was also supposed to apply to the Universities of my choice. Instead, I only applied on the CSC portal. I don't really think I would be lucky. I have just realized now that on top of applying on the CSC website, we were  also supposed to apply direct to the school. Anyway, good luck to the successful MOFCOMers. We will definitely meet next year, lol???

@Shuz most MOFCOM applications, you make a generic submission to the ECCO office, obviously mentioning the three schools you would like to study. The office then takes that and all your application documents to the schools you mentioned.  In short, the embassy applies on your behalf using your documents. Two things happen, the school approves your application and send the documents to the scholarship council for the very final approval. The council submits the selected names to both the schools, for them to start processing admission packages and the ECCO for it to pass the word to the applicants. At this stage, you mostly start dealing with the school though in other cases, the school sends all admission details to ECCO to send to the awardees. 

• Thanks 1
  • Helpful 1