Chinese-Forums

PKU Summer 4-week: can use 10 year L-visa or need to apply for X2?

filimdude88

I'm planning to attend PKU's 4-week program this summer. I already have a 10 year L-visa for 60 day stays. Do I need to get an X2 visa for my 28 day class? Does the university check what kind of visa people have?

Am I correct in assuming this is a not for credit class but that it also includes cultural activities? 

It seems to me education visas are appropriate for credit classes, as I assume you are not really earning anything other than an experience(tourism) you may want to consider what to do in light of this. I imagine the university may ask to photocopy your passport and visa but they may not have any care about which visa you are on.

You should really ask the university. I know a pile of private language and government affiliated schools in Beijing that can offer x2 visa but many students don't take then up on the offer as they already have a visa through other means. University's short courses might be more strict on requirements. As Aaron says I doubt they really care for a short 4 week course.   

• Helpful 1