Chinese-Forums

163.com email

Flickserve

Anybody use this email?

I tried setting one up with the help of somebody in China. Didn't use it for four months, opened it up, tried to test send emails from it for the first time and cannot send emails out from it. 

I have a 163 email and use it every day. It works fine for me, except very occasionally (two/three times in the last few years) it blocks emails going in or out according to some arbitrary spam filter which is quite literally rubbish. I use qq mail as well, which is much better and less ads too.

On 08/05/2018 at 10:50 AM, Flickserve said:

I tried setting one up with the help of somebody in China.

Some email clients cancel email accounts if not used for some time. That may be the case with you? Have you tried registering again - you may have to create another user name even if your previous one isn't valid any more.  

I presume you're trying it outside China? I just spent almost 3 hours trying to open a Netease account. First I tried registration on a Chrome page, it went through all the motions all the way to sending a code to my mobile nr.,  only to end up saying registration had failed because the platform (Chrome) was insecure and to try again using Netease's Master Mail app.  

I installed the App (downloaded from Apple store) in my iphone and tried again (the IOS form is in English and the captcha are intelligible), but when clicking to get a code sent to my mobile, a message came saying something like "You may register too many times, try again later." Trying again later - and again later, etc. produced the same outcome.  

I then tried with the Windows 10 Edge browser. The idea came because I had just installed the 有道 (also part of the Netease conglomerate) Windows 10 App through the Microsoft store without any problem. This time it went smoothly: username and password were accepted, UK mobile nr  was registered and a code sent promptly via SIMS and an account was opened straight away.  

Looks like the problems may be, at least in part, a result of conflict between Netease and Google. Chrome doesn't want to open the Netease (or subsidiaries, like Youdao) web pages, tells me they're `not secure' (there is a link the option to go ahead anyway and another link to take one back to safety). Edge doesn't seem to have any problem at present, Microsoft's relations with China seem to be OK so far.   

BTW, the Captcha in the Chrome and Edge Chinese registration pages is simply to click on the characters on the picture in exactly the same order as the list of 3 words in the caption below (they're darn hard to see, I had to try 3 times before getting them right)