Chinese-Forums

Chinese student visa in Hong Kong

Kambili

Hello good people of the Chinese Forums,

I would like to clarify the matter whether it is possible to apply for a student visa in Hong Kong and not in my home country. I found rather contradicting opinions online, hence wondering if anyone could perhaps share any recent experiences/insights into that issue...? 

I applied for the CSC scholarship and am hopeful to get it, however Im currently traveling around South East Asia, and so applying in HK would make more sense than flying all the way to Europe, to my country of citizenship. And I would like to start making some arrangements for the upcoming weeks soon...

Thanks a million for any insights! 

• Good question! 1

• 1 month later...

So, just in case it will be of help to anyone, it is not only possible to obtain a student visa in HK ( I corresponded with FBT ChinaVisa Agency, which seems to be the most popular one ), but surprisingly also in Bangkok, even if you’re visiting Thailand only as a tourist (Chinese Visa Application Service Centre in Thanapoom Tower), and this is where I’m planning to get mine done. 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 2

• 3 weeks later...