Chinese-Forums

汉教英雄会: Chinese Language Teaching Idols (Self Promotion)

艾墨本

9 hours ago, Chong said:

I saw you here https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/bnRf8BvwLEodZTJWJiSW8A  :)

Voted.

Thanks, Chong.  This link worked for me.

BTW, I was telling my husband about this contest yesterday and he was very surprised that non-Chinese are teaching the Chinese language in China and I had to agree that this is strange.  Am I getting it wrong?  If not, is this a common thing?   

Here's the link to that QR code page, presume it's not uniquely generated each time: http://wx8267d8592f34fed1.wx.mvote.cn/opage/dba3acd2-811d-1e02-344e-7368be67eca4.html

@Jim -- It worked this morning. It's the easiest way so far to cast a vote. Just scan the QR with your phone. 
  • Like 1

@Jim Thanks for setting that up! that's great and makes this all very easy.

Sorry I've been so slow to respond. It's been hard to keep up with even the bare necessities these last few days.

I appreciate everyone taking the time to do this. it's been making a huge difference.

@abcdefg Yes, an easier system would be great. It seems they changed it to be easier to cast the vote on the second day, doing away with the "follow us" requirement. Not sure if anyone can verify that. As for further campaigning for this, I have to keep me head focused on the other tasks. The first round includes recording a video that I'll be editing which means I need to start learning how to use iMovie, and then I'll be doing a five minute 汇报 for the judges as well as a round table discussion about what being a good teacher even means. Oh and then I also have to create a "performable" lesson plan to do on stage with real students should I make it to the last round. This includes planning literally every second so the production team can prepare the full set.

There a lot more as well and my head is spinning from it all.

Oh, and then I also have a roughly 8,000 character thesis proposal that is due in four days and that I'll be presenting the week after the competition... @imron Thanks for helping me find a few papers for that as well!

I often think of this community as my Chinese learning support community, and I'm leaning on ya'll hard at the moment. Thanks for holding me up!

On 6/14/2018 at 7:25 PM, LuDaibola said:

BTW, I was telling my husband about this contest yesterday and he was very surprised that non-Chinese are teaching the Chinese language in China and I had to agree that this is strange.  Am I getting it wrong?  If not, is this a common thing?   

Yeah, there are a few Chinese teachers in China that are non-native speakers. It takes a high level of Chinese and the pay isn't high but it sure is fun. The major advantage being a deep understanding of what it takes to learn Chinese and the tools available to do so. It's a shortcoming that no amount of class time learning about how to teach Chinese can make up for.

Also, copying @Jim's link here again. You can vote for five people every day: http://wx8267d8592f34fed1.wx.mvote.cn/opage/dba3acd2-811d-1e02-344e-7368be67eca4.html

9 hours ago, 艾墨本 said:

The major advantage being a deep understanding of what it takes to learn Chinese and the tools available to do so.

Yes, that makes perfect sense to me.  Good on you.

It would be nice if you could share your thesis proposal, or at least share some tips on how you managed to write it. 

Good luck with everything!

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/11/2018 at 11:09 PM, Tomsima said:

is it just me or is reading chinese in italics a really unpleasant experience

It's not just you, it's everyone.

Ai Moben, congratulations on your achievement! That is awesome.

• Like 2