Chinese-Forums

what the hell is "yellow white"?

tongyang

:-?

hei guys!!!

could you guys just tell me , what's meaning of "yellow -white" ? what the hell was that? especially, someone was called "yellow -white" . Is it impolite address? or is it rude word with racism ? who can give me a suitable explanation?

Are you A/B/CBC? If yes, 'yellow-white' might mean 'yellow skin white heart' 黃皮白心. People use this to describe a Chinese born & grow in western countries.

Depends on who say to you and under what situation. Could be a bit rude/impolite if the sayer is a stranger. Or take it easy if the sayer is someone you know, he may just use this to get general understanding.

"yellow-white", when prouounced in Cantonese, is similar to "king-eight" (i.e. wong4 bak9 vs wong4 bat8 )

"king-eight", or 王八 in Chinese characters, means -

1. 王八 [wang2ba1] ([wang2ba0]), n., (1) a tortoise; (2) (abuse) a cuckold, scoundrel: 王八蛋,王八羔子 (abuse) son-of-bitch; (3) formerly, man servant at brothels.

source

Are you A/B/CBC? If yes' date=' 'yellow-white' might mean 'yellow skin white heart' 黃皮白心. People use this to describe a Chinese born & grow in western countries.

Depends on who say to you and under what situation. Could be a bit rude/impolite if the sayer is a stranger. Or take it easy if the sayer is someone you know, he may just use this to get general understanding.[/quote']

what a shame!!! for those strange 白鬼佬!!! :twisted::twisted::twisted: