Jump to content
Learn Chinese in China

How to change assigned accommodation with scholarship?


Recommended Posts

Site Sponsors:
Pleco for iPhone / Android iPhone & Android Chinese dictionary: camera & hand- writing input, flashcards, audio.
Study Chinese in Kunming 1-1 classes, qualified teachers and unique teaching methods in the Spring City.
Learn Chinese Characters Learn 2289 Chinese Characters in 90 Days with a Unique Flash Card System.
Hacking Chinese Tips and strategies for how to learn Chinese more efficiently
Popup Chinese Translator Understand Chinese inside any Windows application, website or PDF.
Chinese Grammar Wiki All Chinese grammar, organised by level, all in one place.

On 6/18/2018 at 5:14 AM, smilingdodo said:

I am going to study Mandarin at a Chinese university. I won a Confucius scholarship and was assigned a shared room. Can I change to a single room? If yes, how? Thanks in advance!



You need to read their Dormitory rulebook. You can find it on their official website. Many universities don't allow scholarship students to stay outside and many do. It also depends upon your master, PhD status etc. Some universities do give living out accommodation and some don't (if you want to stay outside you can but no room accommodation money will be provided). In your case, best is contact the dormitory management and ask if they give living out accommodation or not. For an example, A master student under CSC gets 700 RMB and PhD student gets 1000 RMB living outside accommodation (if university approves)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you Ampicillin for your reply! I mean I was allocated a double room with shared bathroom in one of the dorms of BNU. But I would like to live in a different dorm at BNU that provides single en-suite rooms (they are obviously more expensive). Can I do that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I studied in BNU on a CSC Scholarship back in 2011, and yes you can change rooms or transfer dorm buildings --- provided that there are still free rooms available. Just go to the reception desk of dorm and tell them you want to transfer. But the room rate may be more expensive so you just pay the difference. But I think nowadays, the rule is that you will forfeit your dorm subsidy if you do this and you must pay full price. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and select your username and password later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Click here to reply. Select text to quote.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...