Chinese-Forums

Past Scholarship Winners

Katoo

@Katoo Mine says "in progess" too. The university (Shanghai Jiaotong University) has accepted me. I can see that from their online portal, and then they sent me a welcome email a few days ago. I wrote them back, asking if that meant I was surely given the scholarship. They responded back, that they are also awaiting the final results from CSC, which should be published in late July. So far, all we can do is wait, if we applied through the embassy, I think. Best of luck!

• New Members

In late July? Could you please show a screen of this letter? I applied for this type of scholarship of Shanghai Jiaotong university too. But in 2017 a friend of mine had an email from the uni that CSC had approved him much earlier (on the 28th of June). I was hoping to get such message soon too and prepare for the online reservation of the dorm (which is going to be from the 11 to 13th of July). But there is no logic in paying for the accomodation before the results. What do you think? Thank you!

2 hours ago, Katoo said:

What is your status in csc?

@joonie @Nicsu @yanlei

Mine changed to “in progress” so quickly that I’m afraid I was rejected. Have you guys received an email about the chosen university’s nomination?

good luck to you all ??

Even mine changed to "In progress" within like 5 days or so after my preliminary selection by the Ministry. And, the universities I applied to are pretty unresponsive. The same goes for the Embassy in my country.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nicsu said:

@Katoo Mine says "in progess" too. The university (Shanghai Jiaotong University) has accepted me. I can see that from their online portal, and then they sent me a welcome email a few days ago. I wrote them back, asking if that meant I was surely given the scholarship. They responded back, that they are also awaiting the final results from CSC, which should be published in late July. So far, all we can do is wait, if we applied through the embassy, I think. Best of luck!

So like did you apply at the university's portal as well? Like did you apply to universities individually apart from the CSC portal?

Best of luck to everyone!  xx

@joonie exactly! My application changed a week or few more after I sent the application to the embassy. And I still don’t know anything from the universities except for an answer from BNU saying the results would be issued late june early july.. but they did not say whether or not I was nominated by them.. good luck!! ? 

• Like 1

@Katoo  and Joonie: I applied through the universities portals as well, in order to obtain pre-admission letters that I could attach to my CSC application and give to my embassy. How did you guys get pre-admission letters, and letters of acceptance from teachers, if you didn't apply through their online portals first? Not sure if I did it the normal way or not.

• 5 years later...