Chinese-Forums

CSC Bilateral Program

Aps

• New Members

Hello,

I am an Indian and among 80 nominees for Csc Bilateral program. My preference was Tsinghua University in application form. I applied only and passed preliminary verification I didn't pay application fees as i heard that Csc will take care of this. When i contacted to Tsinghua regarding my application they said they have cancelled my registration as i didn't pay application fees. A few people already got admitted but i am not sure about my status about Scholarship. How can i get the details? Please help me so that i can save my 1year.

@Aps As far as I understood, applicants still have to pay for the application fees (around 600 yuan, give or take), but then the CSC will afterwards pay for your tuition fees, should you get the scholarship. I may be wrong though, but that is how I understood it from their website.

Have you read on the CSC website, that you shouldn't pay for the application fees? Hopefully you can explain your situation to Tsinghua. Hopes for the best!

4 hours ago, Aps said:

Hello,

I am an Indian and among 80 nominees for Csc Bilateral program. My preference was Tsinghua University in application form. I applied only and passed preliminary verification I didn't pay application fees as i heard that Csc will take care of this. When i contacted to Tsinghua regarding my application they said they have cancelled my registration as i didn't pay application fees. A few people already got admitted but i am not sure about my status about Scholarship. How can i get the details? Please help me so that i can save my 1year.

Hi, even I got through the preliminary round via the Indian Embassy this year. I actually asked them after the interview and everything, if we were supposed to pay or apply individually to the university but they denied. All they said was they will take care of it, and we are only required during the final documentation. Didn't really know that they were really serious about it because I haven't really received any information from the Ministry, let alone the schools I applied to. 

For us, the final results are usually out by August.(like the records from previous years)

Hi @Aps, @Nicsu is probably right.

To apply for most university you must pay application fee when you submit your application. The only exception is if the University states it charges the application fee on acceptance, but Tsinghua is one you usually need to pay for in advance.

If they have cancelled your application and the deadline has passed it is sadly unlikely they will proceed with your admission to that institution therefore it would be likely your scholarship offer would be passed to your other choices, as long as you have followed their admission procedures too.

CSC usually only handle tuition fees, living allowance and medical insurance. The application fee is the responsibility of the individual applying, it's not an ideal system especially when the fees can be quite high just to apply.

• Helpful 1

• New Members

Hello @tomovhell @Nicsu

My another preference is Shanghai Jiao tong, One candidate preferred shanghai jiao tong university and registered for admission he didn't pay any application fee, I am not sure if it differs for university to university. I want to know how can we get our application status?

• 2 weeks later...

@Vortex I think the bilateral application has to be approved by three instances altogether, before you are certain to get the scholarship. First one is the domestic selection (embassy in my case). Second one is nomination by the Chinese university. Third and final one is the Chinese Scholarship Council. It seems like it should be at the third stage now, and that the final answer could come any day now. At least this is how I understand it. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Vortex said:

If  I got reject from university from my wishlist will CSC send my documents to another university or not? Also is necessary to have HSK for bachelor program

Yes, they usually forward the application to your second choice and then third choice. Sometimes even 4th choice which means all 3 universities rejected but CSC put you somewhere (they're nice isn't it). Regarding, bachelor's program it depends upon the language medium, course etc. Some universities do bypass that criteria. 

• Thanks 1

@Vortex the HSK requirements depend on the specific uni, and which major you take. Some unis have a higher HSK requirement for some majors than others. If your HSK level is not high enough, then there is the chance of you being enrolled as a language student first. But I don't know the specifics about it, sorry.

• Thanks 1

• New Members

@Vortex I checked my application status and it said “in progress” or something like that. According to the university rules that meant that I was not accepted and a couple of days later or maybe a week later the embassy contacted me saying that they received my admission letter (from other university that was on my wishlist) and that I should go get my visa.