Chinese-Forums

Please, help me to translate and transliterate these 3 charachters.

airborne3

• New Members

Please, help me to translate and transliterate these 3 characters.

These 3 characters are stamped on a time measuring device that was supposedly used by the Chinese Air Force.
The time frame - late 1940s-early 1950s.

I was able to find only transliteration of the middle character (空, Kōng) which Google translates as 'air'.

Please, try to translate and transliterate these 3 characters as accurately as possible, and also, if you would have any insight as to where such words might be used (People's Liberation Army Air Force, etc.), you are more than welcomed to share - I tried to search Wikipedia and other sources but I do not know Chinese or other Asian characters (I assume that in Korean 'air' would look similar),
and visually I cannot match any characters from the Wikipedia because they look different, and I do not know how they are formed and what forms they might take.

Maybe searching the net by a native speaker, using these 3 characters, might produce result showing other items similar to the watch that I have.

Thank you all in advance.

signed.jpg

• New Members

Thank you all for answering. It actually turned out that the watch was sold to Japan in 1933, and used by military there.
The characters most likely engraved and stamped in Switzerland based on a drawing supplied by the Japanese sales agent.
The numbering on the watch is stamped in Arabic numerals.

Here is the picture of part of the later marking, on a similar timepiece, where the watch was purchased as a movement only and cased by the same Japanese sales agent.
I use this picture as an illustration only. Here, the watch is numbered using Japanese character set punches.

The initial confusion probably arises from the fact that the seller had dated the watch as being manufactured in 1948 (based on incorrect serial numbers list), and
wrote a whole story about it being Chinese. In reality, the watch appears to be a trophy watch brought to USA by an American soldier after the end of WWII, similar to the other one referenced.

Again, thank you all for the efforts to help me with translation and transliteration.

Japanese.jpg