Chinese-Forums

work visa

chrm

• New Members

I've graduated in the year 2016 may and I have 2 years of work experience , but my graduduation certificate was issued in the year 2017 june, and only issue date is mentioned on the certificate。

will this be a problem?

I do have my last semister grade card showing 2016 may。

Do they verify the work experience letter issued from foreign countries during application or the attested doccument would suffice?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • New Members

I have almost the same situation as yours. I graduated from a university outside of China in 2016  and since then I have been on study visa in Beijing. I started  z visa application process last month and waiting for invitation letter to be issued by the relevant Bureau. Once I get the invitation letter (work permit), I will be able to apply for Z visa through the embassy in my home country. However, I am a bit scared of the fact that they will realize the time of my two years of work experience, which  is 2016-2018 is overlapping with my study in China between 2016-2018. I was working for a company for three years home-office. So I didnt have to physically be present at work. My question is whether embassies really look into all dates written in the documents we provide.(even after we get the relevant work permit by chinese authorities). I really appreciate any information you provide. 

17 hours ago, Jack4ever said:

I have almost the same situation as yours. I graduated from a university outside of China in 2016  and since then I have been on study visa in Beijing. I started  z visa application process last month and waiting for invitation letter to be issued by the relevant Bureau. Once I get the invitation letter (work permit), I will be able to apply for Z visa through the embassy in my home country. However, I am a bit scared of the fact that they will realize the time of my two years of work experience, which  is 2016-2018 is overlapping with my study in China between 2016-2018. I was working for a company for three years home-office. So I didnt have to physically be present at work. 

Did you mention on the form that your have been working during this period  2016 - 2018. If you have , you might find yourself in hot water as you were officially on a Study Visa. More than a few foreigners have been given the boot from China for working while studying. It's not hearsay as I know one personally.

17 hours ago, Jack4ever said:

My question is whether embassies really look into all dates written in the documents we provide.(even after we get the relevant work permit by chinese authorities). I really appreciate any information you provide. 

Yup you can be sure they will check, its just a date so not hard to miss, but if you haven't mentioned your working experience then I wouldn't worry.

• New Members

No, of course did NOT make any statement in my application that I worked during my study period. That would be a kinda shooting yourself in the head. However, even I did not mention it in the paper I provided for my application, I am curious whether it is likely for the consulate to reject my application. Because I already passed the check by the bureau in China and got the invitation letter issued by them. Is it too common to see rejection during final check by the consulate in homecountry. (the last check during visa issunce).

2- How was the result of your application process, where you were stuck in some point ? Did you get work visa, although your graduation date was clashing with the date of work experince ?

Thanks in advance