Chinese-Forums

Admission letters with no middle name that different from passport

Emilee

• New Members

Hi 

I hope someone can help me answer this. I got admission letter from Jimei University and Jw202 forms with no middle name only my first and surname but my passport shown my first middle and surname. Will the chinese embassy grant me visa since the admission letters do not show my middle name. I know the chinese government want the plane ticket match the passport names like first middle and last names. I do not know about visa. Can anyone help me ? 

• Good question! 1

If the names and other details (passport number, date of birth, nationality etc) on your admission letter, JW201/JW202 form, and passport do not match exactly, then your visa application will probably not be accepted by the visa office/agent.  Even if it were accepted by the visa office, odds are that the application would still ultimately be rejected, when scrutinized by the Consulate/Embassy, due to conflicting/incomplete information.

A visa office/agent not accepting the application isn't such a big deal, as there is no record of any application or refusal.  Having the Consulate/Embassy refuse your visa, however, can have long term implications as you will have to tick "yes", and explain why, when asked if you have ever been refused a visa or refused entry on any future visa application.  Even if it's from a perfectly innocent mistake, it is still best avoided.

TL;DR: Contact the school and have them re-issue the JW201/JW202 with the correct information.

• Good question! 1
  • Helpful 1

I've heard of bank transfers failing due to missing a full-stop in the name e.g. Company Name Pty Ltd instead of Company Name Pty Ltd. or due to added/missing spaces in names e.g. FirstnameLastname instead of Firstname Lastname.

I've also had a friend who had travellers cheques denied because the signature on the check didn't include his middle initial but the one on his passport did (with the signatures being otherwise identical).

I second m000gle that it's best not to take the risk.

The best (non-banking related) example I have is a friend who had been awarded a CSC scholarship, only to find out that the school had put the wrong nationality on the JW201 form.  Either the school or the CSC bureaucrats had put in the nationality based her country of birth as opposed to her current citizenship and the country from which she applied for the scholarship.

That visa application wasn't going anywhere until the JW201 form was re-issued, and it wasn't something the school was particularly happy with being required to do.

On a side note:  While airline e-tickets and itineraries will include a passenger's full name, occasionally you will find airlines which omit a passenger's middle name from the boarding pass itself.  The first time I flew American Airlines, this caught me off guard and had me really worried something was amiss.

• Helpful 1