Chinese-Forums

Work permit rejected. School says they are reapplying.

mt777412

• New Members
So I wanted to work in China. I jumped through a ton of hoops and submitted all my documents to the school so they could attempt to convert said documents into a work permit, which I could then convert to a visa. the school claims my permit was not issued and declined because I am a 'fresh graduate' from University. However the school said that they have done this before and if they reapply I may get accepted for a work permit. Is this legitimate? What are the chances of actually getting accepted? I appreciate any and all responses. Additional information about me.  I have the TEFL, and a bachelors degree. I am a native English speaking Canadian with blonde hair and blue eyes. It is a teaching job in Ningbo. I have never been arrested. All my documents are verified. I am not in China now. I already have a 10-year tourist visa.

11 hours ago, mt777412 said:

However the school said that they have done this before and if they reapply I may get accepted for a work permit

My guess is they didn't notice this on your resume initially, so they have now modified your resume to give you 2 years work experience and will try again.

• Like 1

Imron is on the money! 

I wouldnt worry about it. Just wait for them to give you the documents. 

If you are a fresh graduate then you cant get work anywhere as a teacher here technically but there are loads of fresh graduates here. 

Not sure if it's that easy guys.

1. Documents have been submitted and already registered so he has a file number

2. The degree certificate date would have to be altered to reflect that you are not a fresh graduate. 

There is a push in Beijing anyway is to stop turning a blind eye to these type things. 

But Chinese people can never be accused of not being creative!

@DavyJonesLocker you’d think that something like certificate date would be a real tell tale sign wouldn’t you?! ? but it obviously isn’t as there are a fair number of fresh graduates working in ESL roles. 

Probably easier in Ningbo where the OP is heading  

17 hours ago, anonymoose said:

Nothing that 2000 yuan in the right pocket won't solve.

"Completely impossible. Nothing we can do.  I suppose, if you're desperate, you could try my brother-in-laws consultancy just next door, very reasonable rates. No, you can't use the connecting door between our offices..."

7 hours ago, ChTTay said:

@DavyJonesLocker you’d think that something like certificate date would be a real tell tale sign wouldn’t you?! ? but it obviously isn’t as there are a fair number of fresh graduates working in ESL roles. 

Probably easier in Ningbo where the OP is heading  

Having being in involved in this lately I am begining to understand the "gray area" it a lot more. It's definitely changing, and in a report I saw recently many foreigners are being kicked out and foreign companies and their contractors/  employees are under a lot more scrunity. The government no question is clamping down from the CPC report last year. However how long that takes to propogate down to the smaller places remains to be seen. A new registration system is in place (I have personally seen it) and a lot more checks and verification is required than before. One of the biggest changes is personally responsibility for people filling out these reports. 

There is a new 5year plan coming for Beijing which directly effects foreigners and visas process  but outside Beijing I have no clue.  It's an exciting to come to China (only if you are experienced)

But yeah theory and practice do vary a lot in China!