Chinese-Forums

Tsinghua off-campus accommodation 2018

Queenie18

• New Members

Hi!

I will be attending the Chinese Language Program in Tsing Hua University this September and this morning I tried to book a dorm room in the university however a few minutes after logging in the site says that the dorm rooms are already fully booked. I just found out that these dorm rooms get fully booked really fast so now I guess I'll have to look for apartments near the university instead. 

Could anyone suggest tips like where I could start looking for one that's not expensive but still in good condition? 

Also, is there a way for me to look for roommates in case I find a 2 bedroom apartment and I would like to split the rent and other expenses with someone? 

Thanks!

Queenie

• Like 3

• New Members

Hi,

I am from Germany and got accepted to the Tsinghua Chinese language program, but wasn´t able to book a room since they were booked up in just a few minutes. Now I´m not sure were to stay for the program, does anyone know where I can find trustworthy housing options near of Tsinghua with a max. of 4000rmb/month?
I can understand most of spoken Chinese since my mother is Chinese, but I can´t read or write it and am not so familiar in Beijing. I would also like to live with a roommate.

Thank you!

• Like 3

• New Members

Hi everyone,

My name is Christelle and I'm from France. And I will be attending Tsinghua University's Chinese Language program this fall (2018). However, after only 5 minutes all rooms in Zijing Appartement was booked up so I need to find a flat off-campus.

Thus, I would like to ask current or former students in which building will I have most of my class or in which area of the campus, please? Or the closest gate so that I can rent a flat nearby? Also, if you have any tips to find accommodation in Beijing (agency, website or anything) please tell me? :) Or any recommendation of student accommodation near Tsinghua University?

Thank you for your time  and looking forward for your replies ?

• Like 1

• New Members

Hello, 

I am from Canada and am also looking for off-campus accommodation (and roommates to split the cost) for the September language program. 

I can speak fluent Chinese as long as it does not involve advanced terminology but cannot read or write. Not sure how many international students are without rooming right now but am hoping more will find this thread and we can form/find groups or something. If anyone knows of any Chinese websites or services that assist students in finding off-campus accommodation that would be helpful as well.

That being said I did find this page from TsingHua that includes a list of 4 websites where you can search for off campus apartments.

http://www.tsinghua.edu.cn/publish/is/9266/2014/20141209132401667281858/20141209132401667281858_.html

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ChristelleZ said:

which building will I have most of my class or in which area of the campus, please? Or the closest gate so that I can rent a flat nearby?

Language classes are in the “C building” ( I can’t remember the Chinese name but that’s what every calls it due to it’s shape). It’s right near the dormitories at the very “back” of Tsinghua. There are no apartments exactly next to the nearest gate. It’s just a road and a train track. You just have to look at Wudaokou or Liudaokou. Then from there the easiest way to get to class is by bicycle. There is a bus from Wudaokou but by the time you’ve waited for it to come you could have cycled.  

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

• New Members

Hello,

I am from Indonesia and I am in the same situation. Apparently, I was told that the rooms were all booked up within 1.5 minutes!! 

I am so glad to know that I am not the only in this situation. I would love to be able to find a roommate too. I have a friend of mine who is originally from Beijing to help in finding a place. I was also introduced to a Chinese real estate agent who might be able to help. If any of you are still looking for a place, hmu, maybe we can rent the whole house and share it. Cheers!

Email: ellinvictoria@yahoo.com

• Like 2

• New Members

Greeting!

My name is Susan, I am from Canada as well. I will be attending the master's program for information design.

I am just starting to look for a place to stay, and it would be great to find a roommate and explore the city together. I am looking for a place close to the school's south and east gate, my budget is around 4000RMB a month. 

Thanks,

• Like 1

Hi.

I'm Erik from Denmark. Like everyone else here, I failed to get a dorm room on time and will be off-campus. I am a Computer Science Master's student and will be at Tsinghua for the fall semester. Will be arriving on September 8th to Beijing if anyone wants to head to the agencies together. Looking for potential roommates and hoping to find a place at a price point of around 4000 RMB.

• New Members

Hi everyone,

I have signed up for the Chinese language intensive course at Tsinghua Uni starting on the 11th of Sep. I was not able to book a dorm as they were all gone within the first min. I am a bit lost about how to find a room to rent- everything I have looked at is either apartment rental or short term (I need a place for 4 months). In principle my budget is 3000rmb per month, All I need is a room and a bathroom, also were the landlord is willing to register with me at the local police station (the two people I contacted would not host me because of this). If you are in the same situation as me or know any place pls contact me- I am extremely desperate!

Thanks so much :)

• New Members

Hello!

I will also be attending Tsinghua University Fall 2018 for the Chinese language program. Like everyone here, I was not able to book a dorm and I am in need of off campus housing. I don't know where to start because this will be my first time going to Beijing. If you have any recommendations (in area) or tips on where I should start looking, please let me know. 
  • Like 1

• New Members

Hi,

I'm Amina from Italy and I will attending the Master program in Public Policy in Tsinghua, I had the same problem as Queenie as I couldn't find a room as it was all booked up in a minute, I'm relieved that I'm not the only girl looking for a place, we could find a house with 3/4 rooms and share it! If you'd like!

@Ellin, I sent you a request of friend on WeChat to be able to join the group

Cheers,

Amina .D

• New Members

Hello, I am from England, and I will be attending Tsinghua University as part of the study abroad programme from September. As I could not secure a place in the on campus accomodation, I was asked to look for off campus living arrangements by the university. They were not very helpful in regards to helping me find alternate options. I can speak conversational mandarin, but I am not sure how and where to look for accomodation. I am looking for a double bedroom with private bathroom, preferably near the university. I am open to living in shared flats. I am not sure if I should find the accomodation before coming to Beijing. I am planning to come on 8th September, and classes will start around 18th Sept. I dont mind booking a flat online, does anyone know any reliable websites? 

I am open to meeting new people and exploring Beijing. 

•  

• New Members

Hi,

I'm Brinda from England. I will currently doing a Bachelors course in International Business, and am going to Tsinghua University as part of my course. I could not secure a place in Zijing dormitory as well, and was asked to find off campus living. I am open to sharing a flat, preferably close to the university. I can speak and read basic Mandarin. I have no idea on how to find a decent flat.  You can add me on WeChat; bri_grg 

Thanks,

Brinda :)

8 hours ago, Brinda Gurung said:

I have no idea on how to find a decent flat.

8 hours ago, Brinda Gurung said:

I am not sure if I should find the accomodation before coming to Beijing

?

• Like 1

• New Members

Hi guys,

Looks like I'm on the same boat as everyone here.

My name is Jared and I'm from Melbourne, Australia. I will be attending Tsinghua University for the September language program. Like everyone else, I also missed out on getting on campus accomodation in 2 minutes and I will be looking for off campus accomodation. I would say my mandarin proficiency is intermediate. 

I am looking for potential roommates to share a place with for the 5 months I'll be there (Sept-Jan) with a budget of around 5000RMB max.

Since we are all most likely be staying out of campus, I will be forming a Facebook Group beforehand so we can make friends with each other and have a social circle when we are there, rather than arriving in Beijing alone. To be added in the group,  add me on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/jaredchuahh) with a message like "Fellow Tsinghua student" so I know to add you in. ?

@Ellin I have also added you on Wechat to be in the wechat group ?

P.S. my wechat ID is A762368

Looking forward to meet you all,

Jared ☺️

• Like 1