Chinese-Forums

Chinese-English Electronic Dictionaries

Benjie

Gato, I wish I know about Pleodict long-long-time-ago :cry: After using Ozing 8000 for a week I just get more familiar with it and discover that it can't identify 2 characters (no pinyin). . No wonder, as Ozing 8000 actually belongs to Chinese users, not foreigners. However, one of the advantages having Ozing 8000 is that it has Xinhua dictionary inside.

Well, if I can sell my dictionary in a good deal, I probably look for Pleodict. Thanks for your info.

Sorry to hear that, Sinta. PlecoDict is a great product if you can get it. I see that this Ozing is the 好记星 that Da Shan is constantly hawking on TV. Since it's designed for the Chinese to learn English, it wouldn't be a good choice for foreign students learning Chinese. I've asked about the Canon dictionaries in stores. Their prices seem astronomical for a dictionary. A cheap Palm PDA (US$100 new; $50 on eBay if used) + PlecoDict (US$100) combination will give you both a better dictionary and a PDA that can be used to do a lot of other things, like address book, notetaking, etc.

If you haven't made any purchases yet, I seriously reccomend purchasing PlecoDict. I was able to revive an old Palm Pilot and install PlecoDict onto it, and I am so happy with it! Thanks to Gato for introducing this wonderful software to me!